Thread: What Do Your Surfers Like In A Tour or Site?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

What Do Your Surfers Like In A Tour or Site?

I see this posted all the time on the boards when someone is telling a sponsor that they dont convert well 'my surfers dont like your tours' or, 'my traffic works best on direct join page linking' so i was wondering, what do your surfers like in tour or site? Have you tried different types of tours? Do you even know?

So, what type of tours / sites work best for your surfers?

Have you ever tried direct join page linking? Traditional style tours? Console free?

Regards,

Lee

marcjacob
    away from paysites, i asked gmp this question about avs sites. they think two page tours with 10+ preview images convert better than single page tours and obviously they dont like the join script on the same page as the splash page. Thats avs but may be relevent.

honesty is a great start

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    away from paysites, i asked gmp this question about avs sites. they think two page tours with 10+ preview images convert better than single page tours and obviously they dont like the join script on the same page as the splash page. Thats avs but may be relevent.
    Personally for AVS I like 1 page tour, with the script on the same page,

(1) You want them to get a join feature really quick, most of these sale’s are a bit like compulsive buying and you have to feed that.
    (2) The more pages you have on a AVS tour are kind of like traffic leaks, unless you have outside ads on them. AVS site are always going to appear as a cheaper version of Full-member sites or Mega Sites
    (3) It will take more time to cerate AVS tours if the are multi paged as well, “A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush”
    (4) AVS is really thinking about themselves when they say they like big, expensive, and time-consuming tours. They like this because they can full their directory’s with this better converting option, now I do believe a better site will convert better, but this is a AVS site now these are pretty disposable. I would much rather have 2 ok sites with AVS than 1 really good one. You will make more and have more with more sites.
    (5) Does little good to create multi page tour if you can not really change each one to look differently, and that going to take longer with more than 1 tour page. To tell the truth I think this multi page thing is making AVS site look like crap. All people are doing using crappy text a few pics with a next button and calling that a page tour. As well as just using the exact same thing with a pic and text change for the next site.

marcjacob
    Max where have you been? Youve absent lately or have i just not noticed you?

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    Max where have you been? Youve absent lately or have i just not noticed you?
    Working this break is almost over once I open this site will be a very solid 6-8 months of creating traffic work to do. Creating new feeder sites take allot out of me, can not really fuck around like before. :shitpoke:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by hunkhunter View Post
    honesty is a great start
    You know, i beg to differ on that

Im actually working on some sites right now that will test that theory though, should be good to see how the results vary when being totally honest about exact numbers of pics and movies surfers can find inside a site when they become a member and the difference between them being told 'thousands of pics and movies' like every program usually does

Regards,

Lee

marcjacob
    i dont think thousands of pics and movies is dishonest if you have that

I find many premium sites tell what the content is, but fail to sell the point that the potential member cannot live without it.