Thread: Anyone Try This AIM Phone?

maxpower

Anyone Try This AIM Phone?

I just sign-up for this AIM phone for web calls, anyone used it yet? I still have like 1 day before I get my head set, but look really good for calls around the world for work. And for a customer service number, I guess that would bring me to a question, can I set-up multiple numbers with this stuff. This way I could have like the top 10 area codes, with out paying for a 1-800 number? I like the fact that when I go off line this phone goes off too

http://www.aimphoneline.com/

marcjacob
    We use something similar to call the states, cant remember what its called, the bofy organised it. Its free calls to the usa which from the uk aint bad at all. Qaulitys ok too.

maxpower
    Ya well I talked to them they can not do this, anyone know a company that can give me multiple phone #’s “10-15” Would like to have more local number around. Not sure I could afford or need a 1-800 number, but maybe a web based plan for that would be cool.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Toll free numbers are so dirt cheap now that even you can afford them, Max.

Our provider, Unitel, charges 2.8 cents/minute with a $2 per month minimum per account.

maxpower
    Thax, I will check that out after I said that I look most are about .6-.8 cents/minute and around 20-45 a month. But you are right, I might as well for 2$ a month even if no one calls much on the 800# at first it still will cost almost nothing. Do you know about what equipment is needed or if its web based or though your landline?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    these days, most providers, you just give them your landline phone # and they attach the tollfree number to that number. We actually have a bunch of tollfrees, 1-866-4-GAYBUCKS, 1-877-boyfunk, etc and all are tied to one of our land lines.

The best deal through Unitel comes through a reseller on one of those annoying multilevel marketing deals, it's cheaper than what Unitel will sell you directly, dunno how that works... but you go to cognigen's website (ld.net) and you'll see all the plans. Our reseller is BRCSuperstore.com but I wouldn't recommend her, as her service is abysmally slow.

maxpower
    OK Thax man, I will look at all that over the next day or so, does sound good to have one anyway. I guess this does bring up another question, do you really like print Ads? I see you got those 1-800 #’s but did it work out that good in print?