Thread: Ever brought a sig? would you?

marcjacob

Ever brought a sig? would you?

Like a sig on forums, is it worth it? How do yo decide if its a good deal or not?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Yes and id never do it again, it was a total waste of money both when i did it and when i used to broker sigs for clients.

Back when buying sigs was the 'in thing' to do on certain boards and people were asking 3-4k a month for a tiny 120x60 button (and getting paid for it) i used to take 10-15% off the top for myself and give people a unique click / impression tracking signature to use.

That 3-4k sig price, on a good month, probably yielded around 50 clicks.. This is from some of the biggest board whores in the industry.

sigs arent just about traffic though but, if i want to brand a site or program, i can sure thing of countless ways that would do a better job at it for much less money $0.02

Regards,

Lee

i would buy a sig but i would be careful on how to choose who i bought it from. i'd want someone who is ethical but high profile and whose business methods weren't in opposition to mine.

If you want to get your sig seen, hire an offshore worker for $300/mo and tell them they have to reply to "x" number of threads a day to get paid. They could prolly get it done in about an hour a day and that would give you the exact same exposure.

cheers,
    Luke

Paco
    Nope - I've never turned out my forum signature ("sig"), nor would I pay another to do such, for me/us. However, I do know many have done well selling theirs - that was their only "task" (somewhat of a P.Hilton life).

MHO, it is not much different from me holding a flashing mini-billboard, while conversing with my friends, or business acquaintances. Each time I ramble, I hold up some sign, ensuring all (friends & acquaintances) see & know what I am promoting, over and over and over and over and...

I'd rather use any of the many other marketing tactics to gain webmasters, such as increasing percentages.
    Or I'll suck 'em in with my fabulous "fluffing"

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Or I'll suck 'em in with my fabulous "fluffing"
    Preparing for the onslaught of demo requests ...

How long have you been gay?
    No, never have and probably never will either. Same goes for selling mine.
    Quality custom exclusive gay content at affordable prices.

email: contact(at)tlxproductions(dot)com

marcjacob
    id sell mine in a second.

Gay is the new Black
    Sell it to the wrong person and your company or the company you are working under gets the same name as the person flaming/posting stupid shit. IMO :maxpower:
    Be Who You Are!