Thread: How do I find a gay friendly lawyer?

Goldie

How do I find a gay friendly lawyer?

My partner and I were disussing last night that we really need to have a will and other financial stuff set up in the event something would ever happen to one of us. I know you need to hire a lawyer, but I guess I want to find a "gay friendly" one to make sure they are treating us with total respect. Any ideas how to go about that? Or if anyone knows of one in the Philadelphia area they can suggest, that would be even better!

Thanks.

GaySearch4Sex
    Goldie-
    one place to start is by looking in a local gay magazine or newspaper. Ones which have local LGBT news, etc.. (not just sex focused) typically have a classified and advertising section. In my area, Ive seen many reputable lawyers advertising their services including financial and LGBT partner planning .

Hope this helps

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    ChadKnowsLaw! He will fix you right up! He is in AZ though, but with the internet location shouldn't matter to much.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    You'll need an attorney licensed in your state. The rules are different regarding corporations and such, but to represent an individual, an attorney needs to be licensed in the state where the individual resides.

I have a college buddy who is an excellent attorney that does a lot of general practice work (wills, contracts, prenups, etc) for individuals and small businesses in PA. He's not gay, but he's totally gay friendly, scrupulously honest and ethical (something you don't often find in an attorney!) and, last time I talked to him, very reasonably priced. He is in Quakertown, not far from Philly, but I'm pretty sure he does phone and Internet-based consults for clients in PA. If you want his info, message me and I'll send it to you.

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    You'll need an attorney licensed in your state. The rules are different regarding corporations and such, but to represent an individual, an attorney needs to be licensed in the state where the individual resides.
    Not entirely true. If an individual comes to me in Phoenix and asks me to prepare a will, I can do that regardless of their residency. Of course, the coming to me in Phoenix is the key. I can prepare a will but would require the Testators to sign it with me in Arizona -- or Iowa as I keep that license active and up to date. But nobody wants to meet me in Iowa~
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Gay is the new Black
    http://www.gaylegal.com/

"GayLegal.com is the largest on-line directory of Gay & Gay Friendly Lawyers and Law Firms in the United States representing the needs of the GLBT Community."
    Be Who You Are!

Gay is the new Black
    sorry - that site sucks ...

try this one,

http://www.gaylawnet.com/

US Directory - http://www.gaylawnet.com/attorneys/ussolc.html

may be of help
    Be Who You Are!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    Not entirely true. If an individual comes to me in Phoenix and asks me to prepare a will, I can do that regardless of their residency. Of course, the coming to me in Phoenix is the key. I can prepare a will but would require the Testators to sign it with me in Arizona -- or Iowa as I keep that license active and up to date. But nobody wants to meet me in Iowa~
    Now, Chad... Davenport is a lovely city. And all those nice corn fed Midwestern twinks! Perhaps a tax-deductible business trip to shoot some content in a nice Iowa cornfield and meet with you is in order. I can see it now... "Husky Huskers"

btw, I stand corrected. That could create a great flimsy excuse for an east coast trip to visit my friend

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Or if anyone knows of one in the Philadelphia area they can suggest, that would be even better!

Thanks.
    You want Philly lawyers? How about an estate planner? We got family baby!

Shoot me a private e-mail (you know the address) and I'll send you to the best Philly has to offer!

Just tell m' "Tony sent ya!"

Perhaps a tax-deductible business trip to shoot some content in a nice Iowa cornfield and meet with you is in order. I can see it now... "Husky Huskers"
    Again, Chip VERY CLOSE--
    The Corn Huskers are from Nebraska, not Iowa. Not like there is a whole lot of difference, unless you are talking to Patrick~
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com

all those nice corn fed Midwestern twinks! Perhaps a tax-deductible business trip to shoot some content in a nice Iowa cornfield )
    I think Falcon already has "Plow Boys" but maybe something along the lines of "Farm Boys Get Plowed"

I never did find a good farm boy to plow when I lived there~
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com