Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ugas - what kind of cruddy policy is this

marcjacob

ugas - what kind of cruddy policy is this

I have some sites with them, against my better judgement, but i wanted a prem avs with a gay sign up page. i had a server crash and lost the feeders, some of which have made sales. now these sites are not listed and i dont have them backed up, so i want them deleted. i cant as im told by ugas staff that ill loose all unpaid commssion on them.

Now i could just leave them as not listed, but all of a sudden, any new site i submit is automaticly not listed. why? well ive allways known - and ugas staff have confirmed this to be true, that if a reviewer sees a load of not listed sites, they simply stop listing any new sites you submit. Stupid i know but this is ugas were talking about.

Im now stuck doing fuck all with ugas until the end of the pay period.

People ask me why i hate tti.

this is 100% why

their policy may well suck, but why don't you have backups of your feeders?

marcjacob
    because i was stupid. i wrote a script to build me members areas for feeders based on templates i write, it saves me making thumbs, writing html, uploading etc, i have the tour pages but didnt bother backing up the members areas.

why not ask them for a list of your feeders (if you don't already know them) and then recreate them as quickly as possible. I am sure if you are honest and try to get this fixed they will work with you. I have never heard anything but good stuff from the TTI people.

Good luck, I hope you find a way to get this fixed.

cheers,
    Luke

Xstr8guy
    Just email Robs at UGAS and explain the situation and I'm pretty sure he'll work out a solution for you.

support@ugas.com

marcjacob
    Rob is actually a nice guy, but to be honest, im sick of working for companies who take this attitude. I think im going to just drop them.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    Rob is actually a nice guy, but to be honest, im sick of working for companies who take this attitude. I think im going to just drop them.
    Good for you man, I dropped UGAS/CyberAge years ago, I am not a trained seal that’s going to jump though all these hoops to get a fish much less, less fish. UGAS was really the first service I had to drop for being (dicks, too many rules that make it not wroth messing with, inability to return good traffic) When UGAS fails “totally that is” maybe we can move out of the dark shadow it has created if not certainly been a leader in developing. :shit:

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    their policy may well suck, but why don't you have backups of your feeders?
    LOL I back up my feeders for years, I think I still have some from 2001

marcjacob
    rules i dont mind. its when they dont follow them. if they sent me and email (like gmp and others do) saying "your site is not listed because... to fix it do this.." and then allways followed their rules in every review, id be happier. Instead if you kiss tti ass you get away with anything, a couple of not listed sites in your account and you wont ever get listed again.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    rules i dont mind. its when they dont follow them. if they sent me and email (like gmp and others do) saying "your site is not listed because... to fix it do this.." and then allways followed their rules in every review, id be happier. Instead if you kiss tti ass you get away with anything, a couple of not listed sites in your account and you wont ever get listed again.
    What I have to think about when looking at all these rules is it really worth my time to create sites just for them? Are the sites I create for them with these rules going to be very effective at converting traffic? ECT. I do have to work with other services, I am sure if I gave them everything I would make more sales for them, but damn sure not for me.

Xstr8guy
    You know, this sounds like a really strange rule and I've never heard of it before. I have quite a few (very) old UGAS galleries that aren't listed because they were on freehosts that disappeared. And I have zero problems getting new galleries listed. And I'm not a "UGAS kiss-ass" either. I am very vocal about things on their webmaster board.

I just started resubmitting galleries to Cyberage and ALL of my old galleries are no longer listed but they readily accept my new galleries. But maybe it's just a UGAS rule that doesn't apply to Cyberage.

I wonder if UGAS is not listing your galleries for other reasons and just using this as an excuse.

marcjacob
    well that would be a hundred times worse, decide its not listed the lie about the reasons so i cant change it. would surprise me in the slightest with them though.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    ... inability to return good traffic ...
    I disagree completely! UGAS's traffic is the most productive traffic I have every seen (except for Google Adwords) for upselling sponsors. I mostly attribute the sponsor upsells to UGAS allowing you to use your own FPAs (middle-page ads).

Their regular traffic used to be excellent for upselling to their Platinum program too. But that has totally gone to shit the past 6 months because their Platinum member's area is such a piece of crap and the surfers know it.

Mancheck's traffic is very unproductive for upselling to sponsors but excellent for upselling to their PlusVideo program.

And between the two, UGAS delivers approximately double the traffic of Mancheck from a new listing.

i sure wouldn't drop ugas over rules. their traffic rocks as do does their retention so i adapted the sites i sent them to fit their rules and i'm happy i did

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    i sure wouldn't drop ugas over rules. their traffic rocks as do does their retention so i adapted the sites i sent them to fit their rules and i'm happy i did
    I always feel vindicated when Patti agrees with me. :p