Thread: paysite sponsor exit console, my little idea

marcjacob

paysite sponsor exit console, my little idea

Ive also posted this to netpond, im a sig whore at heart

---

Ive started my own affiliate program, so far one gay site and one straight site. At first i wanted no consoles as it doesnt seem fair to the affiliates sending me traffic. Last night i had an idea and wanted some feedback on it.

What if the affiliates could design their own exit console to be displayed whenvever their traffic exits my sites without buying. The affiliate would have total control over what, if anything, is promoted. They could send the traffic to one of those freebie sign up email type sponsors, send the traffic to their own avs sites or tgps/galleries or even another sponsor. Im seeing it as "the surfer doesnt want my site" so im not fussed where they send it.

Of course they can then choose to have no consoles at all.

Wherever they send it too, it would be their chioce so its not wasting traffic and its not me stealing their traffic.

Of course it benefits me if affiliates like the idea, it creates stickability to my program and i can also send my own traffic where i like.

Thoughts? Like it? hate it?

there were a few programs a while back that allowed affiliates to launch whatever sites they wanted as exits and ars used to offer affilaites credit for certain links on consoles or certain consoles.

if you're in the u.s., seems like you would only want to allow affiliates to launch their own consoles if they had text on them. not enough people in law enforcement would understand that your exits are not part of your own sites and not under your control, and might feel you are responsible for the content on the exits.

perhaps making a second tour for each of your sites could enable you to launch the second tour - which would be very different in appearance - and affiliates would get credit for any sales. or you could offer a special deal on the console.

Yes, there were a few of these a while back, I worked on one of them. Its a good idea, BUT.... you need some serious hardware and programming to get it to work properly since you will get affiliates wanting to add in all sorts of things including banners, iframes and prolly rss feeds. And they will want to update it at their own will. Overall it was a lot of work and resources for pretty much zero gain to the program owner. It did not increase the number of affliates or the affiliate traffic and it definitely did not increase their income.

cheers
    Luke

marcjacob
    I would obviously need to auth each exit to avoid stuff like cp etc before it went live. Im not in the usa though. Im certain i can program it easily enough.