Thread: Do Any Hosts Offer 'Rent To Own' Server Packages?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Do Any Hosts Offer 'Rent To Own' Server Packages?

By that i mean, you pay them $X amount each month for X amount of months and, at the end of that timeframe you actually own the servers you have been using?

Im just looking at ways to cut down our monthly outgoings whilst not having anything 'physical' to show for them and a lease to own option on hosting would be an ideal way, imho, to invest in our businesses.

So, does anyone know if such a thing exists?

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I've never seen a deal like that, and the other thing I've seen that's really odd is that every provider I've talked to, their dedicated (leased) server deal is MUCH less expensive than their colocated server deal.

We own several servers, but they're sitting on a shelf in my garage at the moment for that reason. The cost difference was significant too; a colo box would have cost us like $450/month for the rack space and 2500 gigs of transfer; the leased box was more like $150/month with 2500 gigs of transfer. I questioned it with a couple of providers and no one could give a good answer.

The one other thing I'd say is think about maintenance and downtime. If the ISP owns the server and something breaks, they have both the replacement hardware and a strong incentive to get it fixed and back up immediately, with no maintenance or labor costs. If it's your box, you'll most likely have to pay them for "remote hands" service (which is usually not cheap) and either buy the replacement part from them or keep spares on hand at the data center where your box lives.

Xstr8guy
    RTO (rent-to-own) is NEVER smart economics. It's even worse than leasing a car and then paying the fee to purchase the car at the end of the term.

All of the furniture/appliance rental places essentially "sell" you an item on installments for 2-3 times it's normal retail price. And for such an option for hosting, a webhost would need to use pricing similar to that of standard RTO outlets.

Sami
    We can set you up with dedicated server packages on those terms.

HIt me up on icq 311848143.