Thread: Sony Vegas problem

Xstr8guy

Sony Vegas problem

I'd rip my hair out... if I only had some!

I'm trying to make a simple preview vid from a .wmv source video. It has about 6-8 edits, title graphics, url overlay and music. I'm not using any transitions other than simple crossfades.

But every-frickin' time I add my 4th or 5th clip to the timeline, the crossfades start screwing up! Instead of crossfading smoothly from scene to scene, each scene fades to black then the next scene stutters, jumps or fades in from black. WTF?!

I've checked to make sure vegas wasn't inserting a transition effect. I've tried to change the transition duration and nothing works! HELP me Vegas experts!

Here's the vid so you can see the problem I'm having... http://www.uknakedmen.com/previews/3...3waymedi-2.wmv

Defiant
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    I'm trying to make a simple preview vid from a .wmv source video. It has about 6-8 edits, title graphics, url overlay and music. I'm not using any transitions other than simple crossfades.

But every-frickin' time I add my 4th or 5th clip to the timeline, the crossfades start screwing up! Instead of crossfading smoothly from scene to scene, each scene fades to black then the next scene stutters, jumps or fades in from black. WTF?!
    I have had this happen to me before, as well. Here is what I THINK is happening to you (based on what has happened to me before). When you add those later clips, Vegas is adding a fade in and a fade out to the files, themselves, before you even get to them. I would suggest separating those later files from your project, then zooming in on them. Look at the very beginning and very end of those individual files, and I think you will see a fade in and a fade out on them. Just click on the end (or beginning) of that fade and move it to the baseline for that clip and that should fix things right up for you. Once you have done that, just work with the clips as you normally would for your project.

Xstr8guy
    Thanks Defiant. I finally gave up for the night but I will take a closer look tomorrow. And thanks for the PM too.