Thread: Are Surfers More Likely To Join A Site That...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Are Surfers More Likely To Join A Site That...

Looks like it was designed by a professional than an 'amateur' looking site in your opinion?

The reason i ask is that for the past couple of days ive been surfing around a bunch of the more popular link lists and have come to the conclusion that it really doesnt matter what a paysites tour looks like.. Surfers are going to join.

Would you agree with this conclusion?

Im really starting to beleive more and more that how a tour looks, or behaves has very little effect on whether a surfer is going to join a specific site purely based on some of the different 'styles' of site i have seen the past few days ranging from professionally designed sites through to basic looking single HTML pages with pics just 'thrown' on the page and a link to a CCBill or AEN/AVS join page.

So what do you think, send enough traffic to a page, are surfers going to make the site money?

Regards,

Lee

i've done great with both highly professional and total amateur sites but it does matter what the tours look like - it's just that whether a tour is amateur or pro looking isn't the difference that matters.

how well the tour reflects the content is a big piece of it. great graphics aren't enough - they have to "feel" right. they have to work with the content. i've seen many highly designed tours that didn't sell for shit because although the graphics were perfect and wonderful, they didn't work for the niche.

i've also done better with the tours that show the actual content from inside the site as opposed to a traditional tour.

i have a friend who gets wonderful webinc headers, buttons and join pages for his reality tours - then he tests more than one style of episode table. different sizes and numbers of pics make a difference in his sales. then there's trailers. a buddy of mine went from okay trailers to trying a really sweet professionally made trailer. it cost a fair amount of money, but his sales more than doubled.

and don't forget the join page, which can also have huge effect on sales. my personal advice - don't settle for the first thing the designer gives you. try several variations and keep track of which one works the best on what traffic. the little things add up.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    I second Basschick on that... while crap will still get you sales, a good and proper tour and everything else will get you huge sales... imho.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    i've done great with both highly professional and total amateur sites but it does matter what the tours look like - it's just that whether a tour is amateur or pro looking isn't the difference that matters.
    I have the same experience.

Site tours and design, like TV commericals, radio or print advertising, are an intricate combination of factors that trigger a person to make a purchase.

I would even venture to bet that you could sell video content with a text only site and tour, if you were real , REAL good at getting surfers to convert. After all, radio advertising does extremely well at selling movies and hard goods, when the product can't even be seen via the advertising medium. :groovy:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Togm
    Quote Originally Posted by gaystoryman View Post
    I second Basschick on that... while crap will still get you sales, a good and proper tour and everything else will get you huge sales... imho.
    Exactly so. I use one sponsors large collection of Byots and one in particular beats the rest by a long long way. All in same sub niche.