Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: per sign up or per sale?

marcjacob

per sign up or per sale?

im sure this has been done to death in the past but ive not seen it on various boards for a while. so thought id see what you all think.

the age old.. what makes more?

i have a sponsor that ive done ok with, getting superb ratios but only 3 sales as havent really done too much promo (thats in about 3 weeks). the thing is that the surfers are going for the non rebill option. that makes me $20. thing is, i have a membership to this site and i am sooooo certain that it would retain, its honest in its tour, has cute models and 100% exclusive and seems to update reguarly. so with that, would you stick with it and hope that a) your right, it will retain, and b)the surfers stop being so bloody annoying and go for a rebilling membership, or would you think "fuck it, i can get $35+ elsewhere".

the owners are good guys from what ive seen.

so.. take the cash and run or go for the rebills?

desslock
    I always choose the revenue sharing / rebill route. This potentially rich payout is not available if you market non-adult products and services through affiliate programs. Everything pays on a per sale/commission basis.

You are doing yourself a disservice not taking advantage of this here. Otherwise you can sell subscriptions to the Wall Street Journal and make about the same thing.

If the outcome at the close of day totals more money from the one time bounty option versus revenue sharing, perhaps that indicates that you should reconsider promoting that affiliate program.

Steve

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Whatever you choose you shouldnt base your decision on whether you think the site is or isnt going to retain after all, you arent the one you are selling the site to.

Why risk changing something that you know is currently working to something that you dont know will work?

Many programs have different 'rules' for revshare and pps payouts, some use a totally different tour full of consoles for PPS affiliates to send traffic to, some dont count all of your traffic, some dont count all of your sales, some have alternate members areas filled with nothing but upsells.

If you are looking to make more money, what i would suggest is that you duplicate whatever you are doing right now to make those 3 sales 10 times over, you know what is working and, you know how much you are going to make, so long as the sponsor doesnt change anything on you.

I should also add however, that it depends on what your primary source of traffic is. If you have good quality traffic, go for the revshare business model, if your traffic sources suck, go for the quick payout. This is the reason that i nearly always use PPS sponsors on free sites and TGPs whilst primarily using revshare sponsors on AEN/AVS and paid traffic listings.

Regards,

Lee

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    I'd rather make the $30-35 than hope that user who singed up with a $3.95 trial is going to stick around for 3 or more months

realtoughbear
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    the thing is that the surfers are going for the non rebill option. that makes me $20. thing is, i have a membership to this site and i am sooooo certain that it would retain, its honest in its tour, has cute models and 100% exclusive and seems to update reguarly. so with that
    Yup. This is a trend now. We went from FREE trials converting to paid membership. To a paid trial converting to a membership. To a no trial. Then now we have a no trial option and a no rebill option.

From figures I am seeing about 50% are taking the no rebill. In many cases it's only a $3-$5 difference. What incentive do they have to take the regualr rebill. The no rebill option is safe and secure for them.

In your case most probably 1/2 the members you send to the no rebill join after their membership expires and saty for 4 or 6 months.

The paysite owner gets some nice $$$ they don't have to split with you.

BOTTOM LINE: Use a program like stats remote and see what a click is worth to you.

In a revshare program w/o a no rebill option it will ususlly take 3 months before you see any extra money above what you would make on PPS. But you will see it if you have good traffic.

When they throw in the no rebill option, it really messes it up unless the site is converting like crazy.

marcjacob
    at the moment im basicly on a cheap pps, im getting 20 bucks a sign up with no rebill. im going to stick promoting this sponsor even without the pps as they are good people there but ive joined intense cash as they pay 30 bucks by paypal (i avoid the thieving british bank fees). i think if the trend now is half going for the no rebill option, im better off on the pps.

my traffic is good, its now 100% avs. ive given up on the free traffic, ratios are too poor. id rather spend the valuable time promoting avs and get sales on that too.

have you tried asking the site owner to make a mirror of the tour - that is, the exact same tour and join page but without the no-rebill option? it could be worth trying. or else with a more expensive no-rebill option, say the six month membership?

marcjacob
    do you think id loose these sign ups though? is it possible they wouldnt have joined a non rebill option? i guess that it worth a try, they can only say no and personally if the affiliate was making some sales i would do it for them.

realtoughbear
    at the moment im basicly on a cheap pps, im getting 20 bucks a sign up with no rebill. im going to stick promoting this sponsor even without the pps as they are good people there but ive joined intense cash as they pay 30 bucks by paypal (i avoid the thieving british bank fees). i think if the trend now is half going for the no rebill option, im better off on the pps.

my traffic is good, its now 100% avs. ive given up on the free traffic, ratios are too poor. id rather spend the valuable time promoting avs and get sales on that too.
    Free traffic is not that bad. I am kicking serious ass with intense cash right now. Even on tgp/LL traffic. On blog traffic it fucking rocks....

marcjacob
    its not that bad, maybe theres a nack to it that i dont have.

realtoughbear
    do you think id loose these sign ups though? is it possible they wouldnt have joined a non rebill option? i guess that it worth a try, they can only say no and personally if the affiliate was making some sales i would do it for them.
    You conversions will most probably not be as good. But what you lose in the short term you will gain in the long term if it's a good site.....

BTW, Intense cash converts like a mother fucker... Love it!

realtoughbear
    its not that bad, maybe theres a nack to it that i dont have.
    It's called filtering. Don't send directly to your main sponsor only. Send to a filter page.

Think where most of the traffic comes from - THE NEW PAGE. Surfers are cusrious. Trap the slimy bastards into your own traffic trap...

marcjacob
    i heard like chrystal meth wich made me chuckle

actually i doubt you'll lose the signups, but without testing you could be losing money. experimenting with prices and join options is important and a lot of webmasters (site owners included) don't do it.

realtoughbear
    Many surfers will not join a site unless it has a no rebill option. I have seen swings from 10-30%. It really depends on the content. The more exclusive and desirable, the more likely they are to whip out the card.

BUT, losing that % upfront is usually small change compared to what you lose if they offer a non rebill option.

In a rev share model you are thinking long term growth. Not money upfront. Anything that hinders your long term growth is a red flag.

Basically, w/ a signup form that only has a rebill option it will take you approx three months to equal what you will make on PPS model.

On one that has a non rebill. Kiss about 50% of your potential rebillers goodbye. I have yet to make anywhere near what a PPS offers on a site that has a non rebill offer.

There are some exceptions.

Sites that do like this:

1 Month rebilling $29
    1 Month Non Rebil $49

And yes, some still take the $49. Believe me.....

Good sites that retain members that offer a one month non rebill make a killing.