Thread: How Can We All Work Smarter? Post A Tip In This Thread

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How Can We All Work Smarter? Post A Tip In This Thread

So i was looking through some of the GWW Archive threads and noticed that we havent had a good tips thread for a while so i thought it would be interesting to start one and see what new time saving tips or methods to help make our work days easier can be posted.

Ill start off with a really basic one (that i actually forgot to do last week) and that is to download and 'sort' your content right after you purchase it or, receive it in the mail.

Last week i bought a couple of hundred sets of image content because i knew id need some new stuff this weekend for some sites im working on but, i forgot to resize and rename all of the images.. In essence, what should have been a 10-15 minute job once i downloaded the content, turned in to a 30-60 minute job this morning because not only hadnt i resized and renamed everything, i couldnt even remember where i had stored them on my HD

So what tip would you like to share that can help us get our work done quicker or more efficiently?

Regards,

Lee

How long have you been gay?
    Hello Lee,

When we get new content in...

The first thing we do is ad the documents/ids to our 2257 database..

then run the images thru Rename Master to make sure that the files are named correctly.... removing any spaces.. and making files and folders in lower case..

then run the images thru arles to make the thumbnail pages.. use a pre-set setting that you've already used, to save time..

finally upload the content to your members area, and link it up.

one of the most handy programs I own is a file renamer: http://www.1-4a.com/rename/download.htm
    Its very powerful, has an undo feature and its free!

cheers,
    Luke