Thread: Exclusive Contracts

Gay is the new Black

Exclusive Contracts

When signing up a model as an exclusive to your company do you pay them yearly with a minimum of X movies and shoots, pay them more than an average model per movie/shoot, Pay them more per movie/shoot with a guarantied X number of movies/shoots within contract term? Or is it something else?

I'm Asking because I’m looking to sign up 3 guys exclusive and need to work on the core offer.

I know a lot of it has to do with the agreement made by the company and the model but I would like to have a foundation of understanding before I even ask them and as we all love the “sure I do it” just to get a job kind of people I also don’t want to offer them something not to par.

Craig
    Be Who You Are!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Craig,

From what i understand, the more successfull solo models in the industry get paid per shoot plus, a percentage of the sales from their site.

I also know of models that get paid just for their shoots / appearances and this typically causes problems with models leaving the companies that pay using this business model. Likewise, models that are paid a pure percentage of sales typically dont last all that long either.

What i would offer, speaking from experience to start with, is a basic 'per shoot' rate plus a 10-15% cut of 'profits' from the site after hosting, editing, etc has been paid. If they decide they want more than that, see how much more they are willing to put in to the business than just being 'content'.

Regards,

Lee

I've done a couple exclusive contracts for models I wanted to develop. In the very beginning I tried percentages a couple times as well.

When I tried percentages on an exclusive contract both models, down the road, opted out of the percentage deal for a lump sum payment.

The easiest, cleanest way, is to do a 6 month renewable contract for a set amount of money. Be as specific as possible in the contract (without describing specific sex acts) so the model knows exactly what to expect with no surprises. Younger talent can't fathom being tied down for a year, or longer.

Hope this helps :bunny:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com