Thread: Number of Cam’s?

maxpower

Number of Cam’s?

I was just wondering what some of you pro videographers think is the idea number of video cameras on a shoot? I will have to do the shoot alone at first so, should I use only one cam at first or with my inexperience will the extra cam help me edit a better film? :worker:

CamCruise
    Well with me. There are always 2 cams on every shoot.

one to shoot with.....and of course ME!! :sleepy: :sleepy:

(sorry I had to say it)

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    I use 2 cams MINIMUM, but I prefer to use three (and on one occasion, FOUR)

It's good to use 2 cams because then you can capture the tight shot on a cum shot, as well as a wide shot where you can see the models entire face and body as he shoots.

R.
    AIM: EonFilmsSDiego
    AIM Mobile: BeachBoiSDiego
    Yahoo: sandiegoartpunk
    MSN Messenger: beachboi4free@hotmail.com
    Phone: 619-944-6383
    MySpace: www.myspace.com/eonfilms & www.myspace.com/mynameisrocky

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    A talented videographer can produce an excellent video with one camera, and a lot of commercially released adult videos are single-camera shoots.

However, having a b-roll to get a closeup of the cum shot does improve things -- you can get the cumshot from two completely different angles. That's about the only thing you can't replicate with a single camera shoot.

In my opinion, for most scenes, having more than a main camera and a b-roll for the cumshot just makes it more difficult when editing (you have twice or three times as much video to go through) and doesn't improve the technical quality of the video. The only exception to this would be if you're filming an orgy, then it's definitely nice to have 3 or 4 cameras around -- but then you have to worry about keeping the videographers and cameras out of each other's shots.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by EonFilms_Rocky View Post
    I use 2 cams MINIMUM, but I prefer to use three (and on one occasion, FOUR)

It's good to use 2 cams because then you can capture the tight shot on a cum shot, as well as a wide shot where you can see the models entire face and body as he shoots.

R.
    Ya that was that I was thinking as well, not only the cum shot, but would help when I have to change the camera angle so I have a good sable shot from at least one cam at all times. I really have to take in account my little skill in this area, and really do want to produce the best vids I can even from the start.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    A talented videographer can produce an excellent video with one camera, and a lot of commercially released adult videos are single-camera shoots.

However, having a b-roll to get a closeup of the cum shot does improve things -- you can get the cumshot from two completely different angles. That's about the only thing you can't replicate with a single camera shoot.

In my opinion, for most scenes, having more than a main camera and a b-roll for the cumshot just makes it more difficult when editing (you have twice or three times as much video to go through) and doesn't improve the technical quality of the video. The only exception to this would be if you're filming an orgy, then it's definitely nice to have 3 or 4 cameras around -- but then you have to worry about keeping the videographers and cameras out of each other's shots.
    Ya man, I know its going to be a bitch to edit the videos, but I have to do something to get a good continuos shot. I will be really new at this and have seen so many videos where the guy have to play with the 1 cam he has, and that really does fuck up allot of what they try to do.

Don’t get me wrong I do not think I will be Spielberg or anything sure my first 10 or so are going to be pretty bad, but just want to produce the best product I can during this learning time