Thread: Hello and Welcome

Rimmates.com

Hello and Welcome

Hello everyone. I'm glad I found this board and I hope to contribute regularly. I am a super newbie in the world of webmasters, so my absorption of all this material the past 2 weeks has been overwhelming, but manageable.

My goal is to create a theme site, and along the way I am documenting my progress from utter and complete newborn all the way up to the launching of my site. This includes knowing not a single word of HTML (maybe 5, but that's it), nothing about affiliates, sponsors, SEO, etc. Everything will be from the ground up starting from the beginning.

So far, here is what I have managed to do in two weeks:
    - learn about Google keywords, keyword analyzers, and optimization
    - read all kinds of tutorials on posting galleries, both hosted and free
    - registered 3 domains with GoDaddy for $6.95 each
    - signed up with Host Gator for only $.99 for the first month
    - downloaded and installed Unified Stats, which by the way is how I found this forum
    - downloaded and installed a trial version of Chameleon Submitter... still learning that one
    - still looking for that elusive "step by step" on how to make free hosted galleries, and who will accept them.

And here is what I still have left to learn:
    - how to create an effective blog. I've never even used MySpace, so again everything is a new experience.
    - how to run a forum (not as big as this one) for my visitors to talk about our niche/fetish site. I'll need to find a good defense from forum spam.
    - get better at page design... I'm using a trial ver. of Dreamweaver.
    - find better content from sponsors. most everything I see looks old and overused. I am not a fan of cute hairless twinks, which is all I see out there. My focus will be hairy, jock, and underwear content.
    - actually submit my first free galleries to start building some funds.

The forums I have been to previously have very little in the form of gay support, so needless to say I've gotten my fair share of cunt, clit, and tit pics these last two weeks.

Hope to hear from some of you, and please pass along any advice you may have! I hope to get my site running by November.

Thanks!

mr.wide
    welcome man, check out these TUTORIALS for Chameleon Submitter, its all interactive made in Flash, that thing could not be easier. Just watch and enjoy!
    there you can see how to work with this tool properly and how does the software actually look like. Just sit and take advantage - you can watch it like your favorite cartoon

:banme:

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    Welcome to the board!
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

Rimmates.com
    Thanks guys! I actually already watched all 9 of the Chameleon tuts before posting here... but since I am using a trial download, it stops when I try to "Generate" the list of TGP sites. I'm sure that means it will only generate once I start paying $20 a month for it. I plan to register for the full version and create/submit my first gallery this Sunday. I want to make sure I am doing it right.

Paco
    Welcome to GWW Rimmates, and to the world of naughty! .

First, I'd like to say you've started your stride with your good foot --- I strongly believe you made a good decision when you joined this forum.
    Many of the members here are truly wonderful and helpful people - it is what I expected from the other boards (especially one in particular), however all I got was sucked in to the world of angst.

Your plan of attack is a good one, and I love the idea of documenting your experience.

There are some good tutorials available to you at most message boards, however if you're looking for more, you can always try somewhere like CozyAcademy ( http://www.cozyacademy.com/ ) - they offer many great tutorials for various aspects of the adult industry.

Anyways, I do hope you enjoy your stay here.
    :paco: <--that's a picture of me, while I was at band camp.

Oh yah :troll:

To the MODS: I hope my posting CF's link is not against the terms/rules.

welcome, it looks like you have a solid plan and are progressing through it quite nicely. Good luck and if you have any questions along the way be sure to ask them here as we are a fairly helpful bunch

cheers,
    Luke

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Welcome and you are indeed heading in the right direction with a good attitude as well. Check out many of the tutorials that Lee has here are also a great start. Enjoy your stay here :morning:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

WegCash Robert

Hello

Welcome to the board!

Sana Chan
    Greetings and welcome!*brings you pie*

Rimmates.com
    Paco, you better not get in trouble for posting that link. Those are some of the most helpful pages I have ever read (and still reading.) We are all here to help each other out, and I appreciate the link very much!!

I wanted to say that I have joined other gay baords like thegayboard dot com, and my first post has sat there for 5 days straight - no replies, no welcomes, no nothing. I guess that's the end of that.

Sana Chan, the key lime pie was fantastic! Thank you so much!

mr.wide
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimmates.com View Post
    Thanks guys! I actually already watched all 9 of the Chameleon tuts before posting here... but since I am using a trial download, it stops when I try to "Generate" the list of TGP sites. I'm sure that means it will only generate once I start paying $20 a month for it. I plan to register for the full version and create/submit my first gallery this Sunday. I want to make sure I am doing it right.
    wow, respect man, what a great attitude. keep it and you will be doing well, no worries.
    good luck and feel free to post if you have any questions.

mr.wide
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.wide View Post
    wow, respect man, what a great attitude. keep it and you will be doing well, no worries.
    good luck and feel free to post if you have any questions.

btw, if you already have Submitter, make sure not to miss Confirmer. It will save you a lot of time and Right NOW you have an awesome opportunity to try Chameleon Confirmer for free!
    Starting from Monday, September 11, you can use the full-product for 1 week without any restrictions and limitations. FREE of charge!

Please save your copy at http://www.chameleonsubmitter.com/demo/Confirm140.exe
    and feel free to use the authorization data as shown below:
    (username: confirmer / pass: demo)

good luck again

uh huh exactly what I thought vs eddie's Avatar
    Welcome to the board! It's always nice to see new faces. :p
    Eddie Bastian
    Account Executive
    1-800-685-9236 x240
    http://www.adultwhoswho.com/person/person.html?id=00756

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Welcome to the board.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!