Thread: Why Isnt There A High Quality Gay Designer?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Why Isnt There A High Quality Gay Designer?

Someone that does work of quality along the lines of Webinc, Dickman, etc?

We have dedicated gay hosts, traffic brokers, content providers but, no dedicated gay designer.

You would have thought in the last few years someone would have stepped up to the plate and filled this void in the gay industry.

Regards,

Lee

Egypt from BlueFly will help you out...check his thread here http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...ad.php?t=19198 for a discount and to see his portfolio. He's done some nice work for us

cheers,
    Luke

Dzinerbear
    I would hazzard a guess that it's because the adult business doesn't pay as far as design goes. I used to do corporate web design and I could get $5,000 for a fairly simple web design project. Why would I take on an adult job when people want to pay $100 for 20 banners or a few hundred for a paysite design when I could make several times that doing a corporate design?

Unfortunately, it's a matter of getting what you pay for. Generally speaking I find labouring in the adult business is cheap labour. Sites want you to write reviews for $10 or $20 or maybe $25 a review, but I could make several times that writing for mainstream.

So I would say that the good designers have either moved on to bigger and better things, or they're doing it for themselves. What's left behind are a couple of good designers willing to stick it out in adult because they make a decent living by pumping out quantity. But for me, it's just not worth my time to take on design work, I'd rather build a new site for myself.

I find it all rather interesting because a paysite has the potential of making the site owner thousands of dollars, so does good writing, but for some reason most of the people who work in the adult business are cheap and don't want to pay a good wage -- they want the moon for what they do pay, but they don't want to pay much. And then you get off-shore Asians willing to cut the price even further and a local designer just can't compete with that.

Cheers,
    Michael

Gay is the new Black
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear View Post
    [in a nut shell] "Yall some cheap bitches!"
    Cheers,
    Michael
    WORD! I do a lot of design work but with the time that goes into a quality site - I can design a magazine or promo poster for a client (well in less time) and make 8 to 10 times more.

Design is more than just the end result.
    Be Who You Are!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolKnights View Post
    Design is more than just the end result.
    I beg to differ.

Design is all about the end result... No matter whether you work in the adult or any other industry segment.

If it wasnt all about the end result, why would designers have samples of their previous works in their portfolios?

Regards,

Lee

Gay is the new Black
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I beg to differ.

Design is all about the end result... No matter whether you work in the adult or any other industry segment.

If it wasnt all about the end result, why would designers have samples of their previous works in their portfolios?

Regards,

Lee

If it's the End result you are working for then the Work it takes to GET the end result is Fuck all?
    Be Who You Are!