Thread: The Lowest Payout You Are Willing To Accept As An Affiliate?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Heres A Thought The Lowest Payout You Are Willing To Accept As An Affiliate?

So im working on a couple of new projects right now and was interested in hearing from you folks as affiliates, what is the lowest amount of $$ you would be willing to make from an affiliate program?

Do you touch programs that payout $5 per sale? $10 per sale? $15 per sale?

This is actually being asked for something unique to the adult industry and it isnt your typical 'paysite' style setup so im not sure if the type of site being promoted also weighs on your decision on how low you are willing to go payout wise?

For example, lets say the surfer gets a lifetime membership to a site for $19.95, is 50% of that enough for you if the site didnt have upsells inside it but exactly the type of 'content' that the surfer was being told they were paying for?

What about different pricing options.. How much would you want to make for a membership priced at:

$14.95
    $19.95
    $24.95
    $29.95
    $34.95
    $39.95

Your thoughts on this? Just how little is to little and how much is to much?

Regards,

Lee

marcjacob
    50% is my bottom bar if the site converts. Its tough really to compete when you have people giving $35 for a $4 trial.

Id want to see what it is you have, and be convinced its going to convert well.

depends on how well it sells or if it can be sold to traffic that doesn't buy regular paysite memberships.

Andrew
    50% is as low as I'd want to go.. but you never know.. if the site converts & retains well..

JohnV
    Lee, what are you up to ;-) Seriously, many of the responses are valid so far. There are many variables that affect how an affiliate would feel about "lower" payouts. If a product can be sold and offers something unique, a lower up front payout with long term benefits for the affiliate might be very acceptable.

Paco
    Hard to answer because it all depends on the frequency of the join, sign-up or sale, really.

Example: I have one spot for a link. Do I plop in a link to a site that pays us $35.00 and converts at 1:700, or do I plop in a link to a site that pays us only $5.00 and converts at 1:100?

I typically do not touch those with very low payouts, unless the join-to-RAW ratio is extremely low ... or I feel like being nice and give away traffic (happens quite often).