Thread: PDA's....

JohnV

PDA's....

Becky & I are grabbing new PDA's and getting new cell service....what PDA's are you currently using? Thanks...

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    The Verizon Pocket PC xv6700 was probably the best out of the pda's, but truley a pain, way too big and buggy. It is the pda with the full keyboard that slides out and a camera built in.

After dealing with this needy device for 4 months I went right back to Blackberry 7130e after I couldn't take it anymore. Just to make a phone call was a pain in the ass to do with the xv6700. I found myself rarely wanting to use the phone anymore to send or receive calls, rather on anything else. It was just way too much hassle. I would highly suggest Blackberry. It's not just an email thing, but a great phone, and a great organization device that is quick and easy.

I spent a lot of money to learn the hard way. But it's all a matter of opinion. I also think Verizon is the best. I have had them all and have had a lot of phones/pda's and blackberries, I like cell phone gadgets but always ended right back with Blackberry and have been with Verizon the longest out of any of the other carriers I have had in the past and I don't plan on switching. Verizon has everything I need all under one roof. Best network, latest gadgets, top notch customer service and great coverage.

Verizon also has the fastest network if you want to use it for data. You can hook your blackberry directly to your laptop and have broadband speed.

One other neat thing about Verizon you can choose from millions of songs on Verizons website, so when a person calls your cell, they will get to listen to music until you answer. It's called ring back tones. Pretty cool. If you call my cell phone right now you will hear 1 of 5 songs that will be randomly choosen, one I have selected right now is Sexxy Back by Justin Timberlake.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

I have a Palm Treo, its got an integrated quad-band phone so surfing the web remotely via GPRS is extremely easy. I have had my eye on the new O2 XDA Trion: http://www.gsmarena.com/o2_xda_trion-1572.php
    its small and very sexy!!!

cheers,
    Luke

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    Also depends what all you want to do with your phone? If you want to remotely login to a windows machine, you won't be able to do that on a blackberry, but you can on the xv6700 device or any device running mobile 5.0.

Also where all are you wanting to travel to with your phone? Verizon is CDMA and so is Sprint, which I believe are just networks in the US and Canada. Nextel is on TDMA (old technology) Cingular/AT&T, T Mobile are on GSM, which will work in a lot of other countries. T Mobile will have the smallest coverage out of any of the networks mentioned above. I think I covered all of the cell companies.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

JohnV
    Good feedback so far, thanks :-))