Thread: So, the world really has ended...

So, the world really has ended...

Jasun has limited his alcohol comsumption to one night per month.

Yes, the Crown Royal company is downgrading their profit forecasts for the year.

And Marlboro closed a plant in Peoria.

I've given up all caffine, sugar, rice, pasta, bread, carrots, carbs after 10 AM, and any form of sweetener like Cane juice or High Fructose Corn Syrup.

I'm at the gym five days a week.

I'm getting those abs back, dammit, and by November.

So this means that I'll only be a drunken mess on ONE night of the Phoenix.:broccoli: :jasun:
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Dude,

I'm not quite as far as you with our mutual-online-diet ;-)

DEVELISH

marcjacob
    good luck jasun. i should really follow your example but i know i wont. since joining a gym ive put on 2 stone :haha:

Oh my it's a new beginning

Los Angeles will never be the same again

I've heard that since you've cut smoking the smog level in LA has gone down 5% - great work! he he
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Jasun,

Congrats on the decision to focus on your health! Everyone I know that's made changes in diet and living habits in this way has been much happier in the long run and never looked back... though I gotta say that events will just not be quite the same

Yeah... I know that one of the things people look forward to at shows is Jasun's drunken antics.

I'll just have to pretend i'm drunk and make a fool out of myself anyway.

As someone who dieted all my adult life I learned the hard way that you cannot maintain a healthy body by depriving it of it's basic needs. I never kept weight off lost due to "deprivation" diets, and I actually gained weight on low-carb diets. What has worked long-term is keeping low-fat & low calorie foods on hand "for munchies" and making sure I don't let my energy run out from not spacing out my "fuel".

It's not just carbs/fats/calories you need to look at food but overall nutrients Vs. those carbs/fats/calories. One cup of those carrots you want to stay away from is packing a wallop of vitamin A/beta-carotenes shown to significantly reduce risks of cardi-vascular illness and various cancers:
    http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?t...dspice&dbid=21
    while falling under a group of foods I call "no count calories"; that is, those foods that even if you ate until you were hurting would still only be a few hundred calories. Other such foods are cabbage (raw or cooked), greens, lettuce, cucumbers/pickles, broccolli, cauliflower, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, celery, okra, squash, peppers, garlic, waterchestnuts, there's so many of them and you can make an infinite combination from them of "eat all you want" dishes. Among those listed above are nature's own best anti-oxidations and metabolism boosters.

I couldn't imagine giving up rice. Rice combined with beans provides a high level of protein while being fat free (no "drippings" or meat/fat added during cooking of course, make up for those with seasonings). BTW, instant or bleached white rice has had most of the nutrition removed, those are sources of little more than sugar and carbohydrates, but whole food grains such as natural brown rice or a natural rice mixed with wild rice, etc. are powerhouses of essential nutrients. A serving of rice with a vegetable is more filling and satisfying than an equal size serving of just one or the other.

I see too many people on the boards attempting to get in shape by deprivation or "miracle products"... it's all about moderation (and of course exercise). Long-term deprivation is doomed to fail.

As that commercial says, "Ya gotta eat!"

well.. it's working for me where those "Low fat, eat less, have all the carrots you want" diets failed me.

Everyone's body is different, and mine is extremely insulin intolerant.

the slightest amount of sugars will spike my insulin and I'll put on weight.

cutting out sugar is the only way I can do it.

I still have my carbs.. I have a bowl of fruit in the morning and then an hour or so later, a bowl of shreaded wheat with skim milk.

and then I'm done with carbs for the day.

And I dont' feel deprived at all.. honestly, rice and pasta always just made me feel bloated.

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    This is what worked for me... I do not advocate this to ANYONE... it only worked for me because I wanted it to work. It really is psychotic behavior, and I should probably seek help. :-P

Okay, first, I limited my calorie intake from 1800 a day to 750 a day. I was able to remain active and avoid a severe breakdown by taking 6 Trimspa a day (2 with each meal). They work as both an appetite suppressant and energy pill. Then I would drink 8 bottles of water a day (2 with each meal and 2 when I hit the gym).

My meals consisted of grapes and pineapple for breakfast, tuna fish on a lettuce wrap for lunch and chicken with rice for dinner. I would eat a steak and small salad on Sundays, in lieu of the chicken.

I wouod goto the gym twice a day, once for cardio in the morning and once at night for my work out. My cardio consisted of doing five miles a day on the eliptical machine. My work out was arms and chest one day, legs and back the next day. I would work on abs every day by doing 600 ab crunches.

The key is to get your heart rate up and sweat out more calories than you take in. I lost 20 pounds in two weeks.

Again, I do not recommend this to ANYONE. It is psychotic and could very well get you killed. I almost had a heart attack on the eliptical one day when my heart was going too fast for the machine.

Rocky
    AIM: EonFilmsSDiego
    AIM Mobile: BeachBoiSDiego
    Yahoo: sandiegoartpunk
    MSN Messenger: beachboi4free@hotmail.com
    Phone: 619-944-6383
    MySpace: www.myspace.com/eonfilms & www.myspace.com/mynameisrocky

Quote Originally Posted by Jasun View Post
    So this means that I'll only be a drunken mess on ONE night of the Phoenix.:broccoli: :jasun:
    Uh oh, hide the sheep! :baa:

mardigras, are there any books you can recommend? I'm about to embark on a workout plan and I want to eat what's going to really work for me.

I did the same diet Jasun is doing and it worked well for me, the main reason is that it forced me to eat more veggies that I ever did. So even though I was eating hamburgers (without the buns, of course) and pepperoni a lot, I was also eating lots of spinach and other veggies, plus shredded wheat for breakfast for my fiber.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

I guess no more of these.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Paco
    Awesome news, Jasun!
    Those are some big steps, but I have a feeling you can handle them easily.