Thread: Amsterdam Anyone??

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar

Amsterdam Anyone??

This week is the Webmaster Access show in Amsterdam. It has been my experience that the WebMaster Access shows in Europe are the best European shows for US/Canadian webmasters and companies.

Is anyone here making the trip??

For those of you that are I hope to see you, and please introduce by screen name ;-) first. I am kind of a simple farm boy sometimes and all these names are tough for me to remember.
    I get in Wednesday morning and leave on the 18th.

Who is going??
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

uh huh exactly what I thought vs eddie's Avatar
    I see you made yourself a thread about the Amsterdam trip. I am so happy that I am the first to respond, unfortunately my response is I am not going to be attending. :crybaby: I had to stay in the office since I was just on a week vacation and I am going to Phoenix there's just not enough time!! ahhhhhh I hope all who is going will have a great time and have some fun for me too.
    Eddie Bastian
    Account Executive
    1-800-685-9236 x240
    http://www.adultwhoswho.com/person/person.html?id=00756

proxak
    Found out too late about WebMaster Access to go, but may be going to the Venus.Berlin and Eurowebtainment Trade Fair in October. Has anyone been to these trade shows/fairs before? Are they worthwhile?

Quote Originally Posted by proxak View Post
    Found out too late about WebMaster Access to go, but may be going to the Venus.Berlin and Eurowebtainment Trade Fair in October. Has anyone been to these trade shows/fairs before? Are they worthwhile?
    I went to Venus and EuroWebtainment last year and did not find it very productive. Venus is a very consumer-oriented show, so if you are reaching out to [mostly German] retail customers or gauging what the retail sales market is doing in Europe, then it may be a good show to attend. The Estrella Hotel, while a very nice host hotel, is located in a less-than-desirable neighborhood right next to a salvage yard, so you can be awakened to the dying screams of old east german automobiles being torn apart.

European shows are not the same as in the US and Canada; the attendees tend to be more formal [you rarely see a suit at InterNext but I sure saw a lot of accountant-looking guys at the European shows] and the emphasis weighted towards billing solutions.

My experience has been that Webmaster Access is the most productive show in the European schedule but your results may vary.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com

desslock
    That's good information Chad. I will certainly shoot for Amsterdam next year. Plus. I looked at the AOE Budapest show, and it is the same weekend as Webmaster Access in L.A.

I have a number of European affiliates, and a bunch of them are already in Amsterdam, so it's in my plans... somewhere.

I think Devilish said he was attending. Hope you have a good time going Dutch next week!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by desslock View Post

I think Devilish said he was attending. Hope you have a good time going Dutch next week!

Steve

Develish bailed on me I think. Amsterdam guys scare him ;-)
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Develish scraped the idea of going to Amsterdam in favor for Los Angeles ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DEVELISH View Post
    Develish scraped the idea of going to Amsterdam in favor for Los Angeles ;-)
    Likely story ;-)

Look at the map!! Amsterdam is, well, like a _thumb_ from Frankfurt and two whole hands from Los Angeles.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com

Paco
    speaking about a thumb and two-hands ... I really wish I could, bt I can not!

Guess I'll just have to imagine what the above are going to used for.

WegCash Robert

Silvercash

Albert and Richard will be attending for Silvercash. Please hit me up if you would like to meet with them.

proxak
    Thanks Chad! That's actually the very reason why we want to go to both Venus and EuroWebtainment. Of course, it would have been better if we were able to get a booth this year. At least now we know what to plan for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    I went to Venus and EuroWebtainment last year and did not find it very productive. Venus is a very consumer-oriented show, so if you are reaching out to [mostly German] retail customers or gauging what the retail sales market is doing in Europe, then it may be a good show to attend. The Estrella Hotel, while a very nice host hotel, is located in a less-than-desirable neighborhood right next to a salvage yard, so you can be awakened to the dying screams of old east german automobiles being torn apart.

European shows are not the same as in the US and Canada; the attendees tend to be more formal [you rarely see a suit at InterNext but I sure saw a lot of accountant-looking guys at the European shows] and the emphasis weighted towards billing solutions.

My experience has been that Webmaster Access is the most productive show in the European schedule but your results may vary.