Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is paycom.net a good processor?

maxpower

Is paycom.net a good processor?

I am just wondering if paycom.net is a good processor or if their is one that is better. The more I think about it the more I think these people at the bank for Ccbill are never going to treat me fair. I think it might be best to get a refund from Ccbill even though I know they will accept my site, but if I can not use the same pics as everyone else that could become a big problem.

Yes I know they all have the same rules. Its just that I got a really bad reviewer at the bank “what my Ccbill rep said” and this might be the best way to go right now.

i love paycom. they're great, they have support that has rocked for me and they have rand - who is chock full of information and well informed as well as an all around good guy. plus our rep, frank, is so cool that i certainly hope that paycom pulls off what rand told me they were doing that would affect non adult sites.

but there's no guarantee that their bank won't do the same thing. for all i know, it's the same bank. i have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    i love paycom. they're great, they have support that has rocked for me and they have rand - who is chock full of information and well informed as well as an all around good guy. plus our rep, frank, is so cool that i certainly hope that paycom pulls off what rand told me they were doing that would affect non adult sites.

but there's no guarantee that their bank won't do the same thing. for all i know, it's the same bank. i have no idea.
    How long have you been with Paycom?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

maxpower

Thax Bass as always I have been looking at their site the only problem I see is that they do not offer a flat payment option for affiliates. But to like this instant upgrade membership option, might be fun to play with. Not sure if they use the same bank too but I could ask I guess, even if they do as long as I do not get the same guy at the bank I think I will be ok. I am going to call them tomorrow, too see what’s up, you think they are the 2nd best?

At this point the more I think about it the more I think Ccbill's bank or really the guy that reviewed the site their will NEVER treat me fair. After all everyone else they ask for ID’s and they told me that it did not matter what ID’s I have. Really if the problem was just the text that would have been easy for them to say and me to fix so in a way I do not believe that was the problem. Maybe it was the title of the site, but not much I can do about that.

5 years with a break in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    How long have you been with Paycom?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Exactly but, he doesnt seem to get this.

If he isnt going to change the text/pics that Visa have a problem with, non of the reputable processors are going to be any different than CCBill.

Regards,

Lee

I'd rather be whole, than good rand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    I am just wondering if paycom.net is a good processor....
    Hey MaxPower - I don't know what kind of problems set off the reviewer at CCBill's bank but what I can tell you is that there are pretty straighforward rules set forth by the card associations that unfortunately become open for interpretation when bank compliance personell get involved. There are a lot of grey areas.

To answer your question... Epoch/Paycom will be celebrating ten years of service this year. Each processor is slightly different and CCBill is a fine company. As a matter of fact, once your business grows to a substantial volume you should use both Epoch and CCBill in a cascade (with Epoch as your primary, of course). ;-) Oh.. and we do not use the same banks.

We offer a U.S. and an E.U. solution and have a wide variety of premium features that can boost your sales as well as help you retain customers and maintain your chargeback levels. Give us a call and let's see if we are a good fit for each other.

888-627-3888 -or- write to sales@epochsystems.com
    --Rand @ Epoch >dot< com
    My AdultWhosWho

Epoch - Since 1996

marcjacob
    Rand, do you payout in only $ or is it multi currency?

How long have you been gay?
    epoch is an excellent processor

maxpower
    THax for the post man, I did try to call you about this but you are out of the office I guess I will give you a call back in a hour or so unless you post before then.

As far as the problems with the site I was told by Ccbill they did not want me to talk about this in public, so I can not really say much about that now. I can say I will work with you in any way I can, and that ALL the models in this site are 100% legal and I have all the documents to back that up. After all this trouble I would really like to make sure everything is going to be ok with the site too. I am aware now that this site is a bit “edgy” so I will have to work closely with you on any updates to the site and tour that I will do in the future even if it is approved I hope this will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by rand View Post
    Hey MaxPower - I don't know what kind of problems set off the reviewer at CCBill's bank but what I can tell you is that there are pretty straighforward rules set forth by the card associations that unfortunately become open for interpretation when bank compliance personell get involved. There are a lot of grey areas.

To answer your question... Epoch/Paycom will be celebrating ten years of service this year. Each processor is slightly different and CCBill is a fine company. As a matter of fact, once your business grows to a substantial volume you should use both Epoch and CCBill in a cascade (with Epoch as your primary, of course). ;-) Oh.. and we do not use the same banks.

We offer a U.S. and an E.U. solution and have a wide variety of premium features that can boost your sales as well as help you retain customers and maintain your chargeback levels. Give us a call and let's see if we are a good fit for each other.

888-627-3888 -or- write to sales@epochsystems.com

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    Rand, do you payout in only $ or is it multi currency?
    I will ask him about that today for you man

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    As far as I know, there are only two US banks that process for adult at the level CCBill and Paycom are processing, and my understanding is that both processors use both banks.

The other issue, which you don't seem to get, Max (big surprise here...) is that the review policies are pretty much the same at any bank, at Paycom, at CCBill, and at Visa. The policies are set by Visa, but are subject to interpretation by anyone in the chain charged with risk management and content review. So while you'll generally get a consistent response from everyone, if you're pushing the envelope (as your site apparently is), you just have to expect that you're going to have problems. It's luck of the draw.

The content reviewers are mid-level salaried people who are simply looking at a Visa policy book and evaluating your site according to Visa's policy book (and their own experience.) And the policy is not black-and-white. If they feel that it's too close to CP, they have every right to turn it down.

My own experience was that Paycom's compliance procedure was actually a lot more of an exercise in trivial pursuit than CCBill's was. They were totally nice about it and very cooperative all the way through, but honestly, I don't think that you're going to have any better luck there.

Now, if you insist on opening a site that everyone has told you it's a bad idea to open, what I'd do is look around for the shadiest, sleaziest sites with models who are almost certainly underage (Mike18 comes to mind) and see who they're processing with and apply there.

Segpay I believe is the processor for Mike18. Several people emailed them about the Mike18 issue, and apparently they don't seem to give a shit about processing for questionable sites, even knowing that CCBill terminated them. To me, that would be a GIGANTIC red flag that makes me not want to process with them, because it means that they're likely violating or at best misinterpreting Visa regs, and when they get caught, they'll go bye-bye overnight. Oh, and Segpay is former IBill people, another good reason to stay away.

What I'm saying is... either make your site acceptable to the legitimate processors, or go with a shady one and expect that one day they'll disappear owing you a ton of money. Those are the only real choices. The real guys (CCBill and Paycom) have been around a long time and have thoughtfully conservative policies in place to ensure they will continue to be around. The off-brand guys (Segpay and their ilk) who do shit they shouldn't can't be expected to stay around. Remember when several people here were talking about how upstanding and legitmate Neova.net was? Notice where they are now. (Gone.) That's pretty much what you have to look forward for if you find someone that *isn't* raising questions about your site.

maxpower
    I do agree this site did push things a bit “really that was the point” be to tell the truth I was just expecting for people to ask for ID’s and maybe a few text changes. Not to say that I can not use the same content as other people can.

And yes this whole thing did come down to some guy in a bank that was in a bad mood that day, or for some other reason did not like my site. I could name many site that use most of the models hey would not let me use.

I have been thinking about Segpay to tell you the truth, sounds like they would give me the freedom to use any legal content I want too. But to tell the truth I do want to try to comply with a major CC processors “rules” Ccbill really did not have a problem with my site and they did not think the bank was going to have a problem with it was well (Trust me I asked Ccbill many time before I sent them the money for Visa)

Like you said it did come down to the luck of the draw on this one

maxpower
    BTW no matter what I will resubmit this site to Ccbill in like 6-12 months I talked too them about this already.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    We have been with Paycom a really long time. They are as solid like gold. Everything from their support to their processing is top notch. The entire staff is amazing and I would highly recommend them. :cheekymonkey:

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!