Thread: How Far Is 'Too Far' When It Comes To Content?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How Far Is 'Too Far' When It Comes To Content?

I know we have had some pretty solid debates going on recently about what is and what isnt obscene but, im wondering, where should we draw the line as an industry? Rape? Incest? Scat?

Lets not put a first-ammendament spin on this but, im just wondering, as an adult site owner yourself, where is your comfort level?

Would you publish content such as scat or watersports given that it is legal to do so but, the Feds seem to be trying to clamp down on this type of legal content? Or, do you feel this would be painting a big target on your forehead?

Where do and should we draw the line ourselves as an industry, is content okay to produce as long as it doesnt feature anything that is illegal (i.e snuff and cp)?

What are your thoughts on this, and where is your comfort level when it comes to the types of stuff you'll promote that are legal?

Regards,

Lee

maxpower
    WE should have NO limits on content as long as they are 18+ and consenting. Once you start cutting pieces out of the pie its so much harder to get them to stop doing it. Don’t think just because you draw some imaginary line in the sand that this will be the last step. The more you give them the more they will take. The real question is at what level are you going to fight back, are you going to fight now for other sites right or do you want to wait until your fight for your rights to run your site?

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Lets not put a first-ammendament spin on this but, im just wondering, as an adult site owner yourself, where is your comfort level?
    For myself I am not comfortable with humiliation type sites, where the recipient is made to look inconsequential. Consenting or not, it simply strikes a raw nerve for me.

While there is no doubt that so called 'edge' content sells, it is my face I need to stare at in the mirror, so I guess I don't walk that fine line. Besides I prefer to stay free, Prison life just isn't of interest to me. :morning:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    i would say there are some things which i have seen which are hitting pretty hard on "morality" but aren't yet "illegal"
    this reminds me of someone asking me to film one of my younger-looking models in "little boys" underwear and photograph him in a nursery/classroom setting.
    although the model is of legal age , the photography would have sent an "illegal" image , one i am not photographing/promoting.
    with a camera comes responsibility , similar to a gun it can have devasting effects to your life.

sincerely ~ ..."choose your subjects wise , for they may be your undoing!"...

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    For me (and I think AJ will concur on most of this) and for us as a company, anything that's degrading/humiliating to the model is not OK, and obviously anything that would likely fail the Miller test is "over the line" for me.

I wouldn't argue with another webmaster's right to produce it on First Amendment grounds, but I wouldn't want to be involved in producing or distributing it.

Max, read about the Miller test and you'll understand what the definition of "obscenity" is that we as an industry have to follow. Whether or not you like it or agree with it is irrelevant. Your attitude may sound nice, but it's BS. My guess is that your willingness to fight back will fly out the window when the Feds come waving a 50 year jail sentence in your face and you're looking at a quarter million bucks to defend yourself. I'm guessing you'd be the first to take a guilty plea to a lesser offense.

Until you've had your tangles with the system and particularly the bills to go along with them (and I'm not talking about $500 for a lawyer to show up to cop a deal on a drunk driving citation, a speeding ticket, or a shoplifting charge) you really have no idea how the system actually works. Once you do, your attitude changes considerably.