Thread: Private content providers?

Rimmates.com

Private content providers?

Hello. I did a search for this topic's subject but didn't really find anything useful. If this has already been answered, please link me to the thread. Thx!

Can someone tell me if this is an appropriate business model:

-I grab a digital camera (for now) and find models.
    -I religiously and vigorously collect 2257 documentation from all models that I photograph, and keep all documents safely locked away forever
    -I offer each model's photos in different sets and price points [i.e you can buy only softcore, feet, ass, cock, etc. for $10 each or get the full set for $35]
    -I offer my content for sale as a private business (legally registered of course). No large company, no highly stylized corporate website, just a webpage to preview the sets. All purchases come with a copy of the required licenses and 2257 signed documents.

What I want to know is... does content for sale primarily go to a business model with heavy resources (reputation) as opposed to a little mom and pop shop with a decent camera, good photo skills, Photoshop, and a way to get quality models to pose for sets?

I ask this because I may soon (2007) be given the opportunity to shoot a set of super micro-niche material, but don't want to deal with a large content provider who would take 50% of my revenues (though they can market the material better than I could.) The material would be 100% original and never before seen.

Does anyone do this now as a home-based business... or do you simply find a company to buy your content and sell it for you? I forgot what they call that.

Also - is there a market for faceless pic sets? Does anyone even sell these? Some folks are willing to show their stuff on camera but are not too keen on having their faces photographed. If anyone has links to faceless photo sets I'd like to see some. If none exist, I wonder if it's because it falls victim to some law.

Thank you for your thoughts.

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    it's very rare to see "headless horsemen" (faceless pics) models these days and unless he's got a big dick it's a "hard-sell".
    unfortunately and depending on your "patience-level" everybody has to start from somewhere so you may have to deal with a content provider or two before you build a name for yourself and/or start your own sites with your own content. (listing a set or two with a content site shows others that you are "credible" and/or gives you a reference point to direct others who may be interested in purchasing content from you.)
    i would suggest talking to "donmike" he may be able to help you and/or direct you further in the "wonderful world of content"

sincerely ~ ..."your nobody till someone loves you" - dean martin

Rimmates.com
    Ooh... Donmike is the cute mohawk guy in the Paco appreciation thread right? I like cute guys (don't we all)

Hi Donmike. Any words of wisdom you can throw at me? I plan to become a registered DBA by January 07, and by then I should have a decent spot with lighting and a small set for shooting photos.

It might take me a while to warm up to some of the content providers I have seen out there. Can you recommend any to contact?

I think the gay content market is desperate for good quality, fully legal & fully 2257-compliant content, all you have to do is setup a small online shop and start getting involved in the online communities like this one. Then when you have fresh content, let us know! Use the power of your signature and you will make some good coin.

cheers,
    Luke

Rimmates.com
    Thanks Chili... that sounds good and quite reasonable. I have seen photosets that range from a paltry set of 16 pics for almost a dollar a pic... to decent size photosets with 125+ pics. But I have always thought $40 or more for a set of photos is high. I've even seen sets on sale for upwards of $70 a set.

Are these acceptable prices? I understand quality and demand plays a part, or if the content caters to pay sites and not the average small site. I'm sure prices drop as the content provider sell more sets. I'll get in touch with a content provider later in the year and talk sales numbers. I have no idea what a fresh set of high quality pics will sell in numbers. Hundreds?

Xstr8guy
    Price by the pic. $.50 per pic for non-exclusive... $.50-1.00 per pic for semi-exclusive... $1.00-2.00 for exclusive. That's approximately what I'm willing to pay for content.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Hi Rimmates! Anyone who calls me "cute" gets my full immediate attention! I think we need to chat. Hit me up on ICQ (or any other major chat program, I'm on them all. LOL!)
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com