Thread: How Much Text On A Page Before You Lose Interest?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How Much Text On A Page Before You Lose Interest?

Im working on some text heavy projects right now and there is a lot of text involved so im wondering what the 'ideal' amount of text to place on a single page is before splitting it to another page?

What are our thoughts on this? Also, how many pages is to much before you start to lose interest?

Regards,

Lee

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    What are our thoughts on this? Also, how many pages is to much before you start to lose interest?

Hi Lee

that depends totally on the subject for me...

I don't like reading long texts on the LCD if there is no headline, short summary and then the text itself (like on newspaper sites).

DEVELISH

My experience has been the larger the picture the more text you can have, so it's subjective. Wish I could help more
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Gay is the new Black
    I can't stand a page loaded down with 10pt or 12pt text.

You may have fewer drop outs with formatting the text with headers, "quotes" (The bold text in a magazine that sits to the side or between paragraphs) and then the filler e/n
    Be Who You Are!

Paco
    I generally like having it all right in front of me, at once as it tells me what type of dedication (time & effort) is required, as well it promotes laxidaisyness (I do not have to move a finger).

I crazy about one paragraph pages (small amount of text on each page), as I do not like being forced to click, constantly.
    (For novelette type pages, I usually ctrl-c & ctrl-v the text to a plain-text document, and read from it.)

Will you page have adverts?
    If promoting a lot of items, I say the more pages the better.
    However, if just one (item), I suggest placing all the text on one page!

I for one prefer those seemingly endless pages. That way I can put the mouse on cruise control (scroll or middle button), sit back with my tall dark drink of whatever and read.

JohnV
    Lee, it all depends on the subject matter my man. If I'm very interested in the details, I will read on and on....never getting enough if I'm into whatever it is. If I'm remotely interested, I'll scan the highlights of the article.

Text heavy can also be detrimental if used in certain situations where images might better tell the story.

One last thing....get it all down on paper and on screen, then see how it looks and feels. Manipulate your text as needed after you get all the important facts down.

My $0.02

Xstr8guy
    I despise reading lengthy articles on the computer screen. If I have to read more than a couple paragraphs on the monitor, I get board and uncomfortable. I however love reading but I much prefer to hold the reading material in my hand.