Thread: Conservatives File Test Case for FCC Obscenity Fines

Conservatives File Test Case for FCC Obscenity Fines

A conservative advocacy group plans to file a complaint against the CBS television network for allowing the "f" and "s" words to air multiple times as part of a Sunday evening documentary on the 9/11 terror attacks.

"During the course of the program, CBS affiliates chose to broadcast multiple obscenities over the public airwaves at a time they knew children would be watching," the American Family Association said.

The AFA said CBS had been warned against airing the obscenities, but the network chose not to mute the offending words. "The network stations purposely chose to violate federal and FCC law by airing the program," the AFA said.

The group is urging people to "please file a complaint with the FCC against your CBS station for the broadcast of indecent language."

Depending on what the FCC decides, each station that aired the documentary could be fined $325,000. The very threat of such a fine prompted some CBS affiliates to avoid airing the program on Sunday night.

Defenders of the documentary -- which follows actual firefighters called to Ground Zero on 9/11 -- say that the swearing was done by real people in the heat of the moment and is part of the historical record.

The 9/11 firefighters' documentary first aired in 2002, but that was before the FCC cracked down on broadcasters. SOURCE

------------------

I really hope this case puts the FCC in their place.

What do you think?

How can a conservative group have no issue with the violence, death, and murder of this show being aired, but only be concerned about the two words FUCK and SHIT used in the movie?

Where the HELL are these people coming from?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    How can a conservative group have no issue with the violence, death, and murder of this show being aired, but only be concerned about the two words FUCK and SHIT used in the movie?

Where the HELL are these people coming from?
    The sad thing is, these people are ignorant drones, and it seems there are a lot of these in our country. They are trying to roll back the clock to 1952, with Leave It to Beaver, I Love Lucy, Ozzie and Harriet and that sort of television. Remember that Lucy and Ricky had separate twin beds in their bedroom! That's what these people seem to be aiming for.

I can't say that I blame them completely. A friend who is on the production staff for Britney Spears invited me to her show when she was in town a year or so back, and I was pretty appalled by what young teen-age girls (I'm talking a lot of 12 to 14 year olds) were being exposed to. If I had a daughter or son that age, I wouldn't want him or her seeing that, and yet I realize that what's on TV, in PG-rated films, and in other media is just as bad. And that doesn't even touch on the violence and other material that's poor in values setting and role modeling.

So... I guess that to me, it seems like the FCC and the loser conservatives are trying to close the barn door after the horse has already left.

I dunno what the right solution is, but the funny thing is, the loser Republicans have largely brought this on themselves by voting to allow mergers creating these huge media mega-corporations that could care less about values or anything other than money... and now the same loser Republicans don't understand why media in this country is going to shit.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    You know, whilst i think what a lot of these 'focus groups' do is complete and utter BS i would actually LOVE it if we did go back in time even 10 years ago for a month or two.

Maybe then these idiots would realize just how good the world is right now and they might focus their attentions to the stuff that actually matters in the world instead of the meaningless issues these types of people seem to be hell bent on changing.

Regards,

Lee

jeffmaleflixxx
    Maybe someone should file a complaint against the AFC. Stand up to these sanctimonious pricks. I bet you half their membership have never even been to NYC.