Thread: What is this called? The endless TGP loop?

Rimmates.com

What is this called? The endless TGP loop?

I see a thumnail that I like, I click it and get taken to another TGP with different or sometimes even straight content. I click the same thumbnail again and get yet another random TGP site. It takes 3-4 clicks of the same thumbnail to actually pull up the gallery being "promoted"

What is the benefit of this and what is it called? I found one thumbnail on a site with a seemingly endless supply of random TGP sites being generated from the same link. Is that supposed to be some kind of traffic generating tool? Because I find it really annoying and a bad business practice. As a surfer, if I am ever taken to a site that is not the model shown on the thumbnail, the window gets closed and I look elsewhere for a gallery.

As a webmaster, I would want to prevent my surfers from going through the same thing, but apparently someone is making money. Are these called blind links?

Paco
    Some geniuses think of it as traffic trading - that's a very aggressive traffic trade script.

When that happens to a first timer, it is usually due to blocked cookies.

Rimmates.com
    aah... so that is one form of traffic trading? so someone offered to trade traffic with me... they would be putting up a hot image that in realilty links to my site?

hmmm...

Paco
    There are many different forms of traffic trade, and that is an example of one, used by GPs.

Many sites do not use a specific image to trade you. Typically, your potential of conversion, worth or productivity as a surfer depicts when you get shovelled away to another.

So, when cookies are blocked a surfer become un-readable, thusly they are traded right away, usually.
    As for those that have accepted cookies: typical GPs will trade a surfer off by the third gallery/link. They feel the person is not truly interested in their product (lowering ratios), so they trade them with another GP whom usually reciprocates.

I kinda view this as an evolved circle-jerk (CJ). Evolved being it is not so dedicated to one clique, clan, group, niche, sponsor etc.

Sorry, I should have provided you with a better response, previously.

Rimmates.com
    No problemo Paco!

One more TGP question... with so many webmasters submitting and getting their content from the same sources... are these galleries moderated for repetition? I see a lot of duplicate galleries in these TGPs... some of them are a good 1-2 weeks apart, but some galleries show up every few days. The same gallery just a different affiliate ID.

When TGP's get duplicate submits of the same gallery in one day, do they simply accept the first one and reject all others? (first cum first serve)

I have a permanent fear of saturation. Especially if everyone uses auto submitters to send one gallery to dozens and dozens of TGP's.

Paco
    I know, and that is exactly why I do not understand how so many webmasters would rather have FHG before content!

We've even offered host WM galleries, so to relieve of some issues, but FHG were by far more popular.

Then you add the same thumbs, the same description and odds using the same submitter & list to submit to the same sites, because many webmasters join the same sponsors and receive the same notification of TODAY'S GALLERIES.

That is one of the reasons webmasters submitting have to wait for listing - galleries have to be reviewed so to not fill the positions with the same content/galleries.

Listing order/priority:
    Partner accounts first.
    Better rating second.
    then comes the first come first serve game.

Rimmates.com
    OK, I found the TGP in question. It is http://www.schwuly.com/

Row 1 picture 2... no matter how many times you click it, you never get a picture gallery (even with cookies on), only another random TGP. Now I understand wanting to move traffic, but my god WHY are they sometimes linking to straight content? The last thing I want to see when I am expecting a hot guy's asshole is to see squirting cunts. That's not a traffic trade, that is deception.

Xstr8guy
    Rimmates... your sig is not within GWW rules. Please use no larger than a 120x60 button.

Thanks!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Its called 'skimming' when you click on a thumbnail and go to a different site, the term used for sending traffic to somewhere other than were it was supposed to go in this instance.

The site concept overall is known as a 'CJ' or Circle Jerk site because you get passed from one site to the next endlessly.

Regards,

Lee

Paco
    oh cho_ker!

looks to me like they have reserved a spot for a certain traffic broker.

:chicken:

Rimmates.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Rimmates... your sig is not within GWW rules. Please use no larger than a 120x60 button.

Thanks!
    Sorry boss... all fixed. :construction:

if you never get a gallery, it's not a tgp - it's a cj site. cj stands for circle jerk.

most tgp owners make sure that a new surfer's first click goes to a gallery and also that no more than 50% of following clicks go to other tgps. that is a very common rule on tgps.

also tgps don't allow repetition but if the thumbs and pics aren't quite the same size, it's impossible for the script to know. and i don't know of any tgps that check fhg's for non repetition. you could be seeing either a sponsor who rotates the gallery daily and doesn't have enough sets or else a tgp owner with a rotation script that either isn't working well or doesn't have anywhere near enough galleries.