Thread: Is Gay Better ?

She's a lesbian, that's what I'm here to talk about!

Is Gay Better ?

A few years back when I did the AVS/AEN sites I found I did better sales from gay traffic to AVS/AEN systems that were predominantly marketed as straight - just wondering if this is still the case - does not screaming gay still sell ?

many thanks

socks
    http://www.sockstarsonline.com - Socks, Feet & Sneakers Fetish website

Paco
    Many men still need coaxing, so offering them a different entrance is just being smart--I believe the tactic still converts.

The sites that do best from our straight exit consoles are those that are loud and proud. My text is very clear, as is the URL of what to expect.

(Eh, not too bad, huh peeps? Answer is clear and slightly playful.)

sexkeydwayne

Hey Sockstars.........

How's everyone doing? My name is Dwayne, and I work for Mansites.com.

We have watched trends foa long time now, and we have noticed that more likely than not, if a site is placed on Mansites and does not convert, that our webmaster can take and submit the same site to Sexkey.com, (which was built as predominantly straight,) and it is generally successful.

I don't know that anyone has figured out why per say, but it does work like that, and that is why we have suggested that they mirror the site and submit it at the same time.

One trend that I have noticed are sites that are gay suggestive, or bi, or scenarios where it starts out B,B,G, and the girl leaves and it moves to a gay scene. Those seem to convert. As for the loud and proud, I don't know that we have seen any difference from a softer gay theme. Muscle has been converting like crazy for a while now.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact either Craig or myself. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by sexkeydwayne View Post
    One trend that I have noticed are sites that are gay suggestive, or bi, or scenarios where it starts out B,B,G, and the girl leaves and it moves to a gay scene. Those seem to convert.
    Hey Dwayne - thanks for the tip.

Male-male-female (bi-curious etc) sites do not convert, at all, with our traffic! I've tried promoting from both straight and gay and as of yet I am positive I have not seen one sale, from 50K+ RAWs (exit consoles). I've tweaked text, locations and tried various banners, however not even one chimp bit!

GGB stuff converts, kinda, but the figures are not worth my mentioning.

Transgender surpassed both quite very easily / quickly!

I know that our site converts AMAZING with "straight" traffic like that from Sexkey.

It seems that our content attracts the closeted or curious suburban married men who always fantasized about their team mates or friends in college but are turned off or scared off by actual gay sex.

The people who are attracted to "gay for pay" sites are generally not into the solo men that we offer and vice versa.

go figure.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.