Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk Music!

Let's Talk Music!

1. Do you still buy cd's or download?

2. Do you have an iPod or are you a member of the anti-iPod revolution?

3. What are the latest albums you've bought and love?
    Me on Twitter
    BearZone.com - Opposites Attract in this Bear Community!
    JustUsBoys.com - Over 2 million page views a day and growing!

I pretty much download these days unless there's an artist I like who's unattainable through the internet.

I have many ipods and have owned many other mp3 players. I used to be very much anti-iPod because of all the anti-piracy stuff, and the whole iTunes/non-mp3 format thing. But I've since found my way around all of that mess and get most of my music on sites other than iTunes.

How's this for cultured?
    Fergie - The Dutchess
    Basement Jaxx - Crazy Itch Radio
    Pharell - In My Mind
    Audioslave - Revelations

I feel it also necessary to mention albums I've bought recently and really disliked:
    Justin Timberlake
    Christina Aguilera
    Beyonce
    Me on Twitter

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

Both. I tend to buy more individual songs online, full CD download if I just can't wait, but I loooooove shopping for music and video and am totally addicted to Amoeba (the best music store in all of LA). Plus, I have very eclectic tastes, so I'll usually find much more that I like there.

I never wanted an iPod until late last year. I casually mentioned to my sister that I was thinking of getting one and she went and got me the 60 gig video one. Now I never leave the house without it. I'm totally addicted.

The last one I bought was a CD called Zero One Infinity by an indy band called Barcelona , which is really good. I've been buying a lot of singles lately and rediscovering my CD collection as I keep adding stuff to my iPod.

I recently found an amazing music blog. I'm usually really out of it when it comes to current music, and I really hate pop radio (sorry JusThunder), and I've discovered so much new indy music on this blog. And before anyone goes crying about copywrites and file sharing, keep in mind that they are giving you a tase of these new bands in the hopes that you will go out and buy their music, and I know I will be picking up some of these bands, they are amazing.

Oh, and I also heard there's a new Yo La Tengo CD out. I'm very excited.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Paco
    Both - although I rarely find a music store that carries my favourite flavors, I'd rather have a CD because of the better quality.
    I do download, but only from sites that offer CD or better bit rates.

I'm one of the original members of the anti-iKnob revolution!
    Sorry, but the movement made me so ill that I gave away my iPod, a few years back, and I purchased a much better MP3 player, which also has a much lower ego emission. Things such as "pod cast" (a technology that was around longer than iKnob has been around), help push me away. Th@ plus the fact th@ I am not a trend'oid!

Jonathan More and Matt Black (aka ColdCut.): Sound Mirrors (Limited Edition)

As many have noticed, this :cheekymonkey: climbed a different evolutionary ladder!

How long have you been gay?
    Haven't bought a cd in years... all download from Rhapsody.

I have an ipod BUT i'm also a member of the anti-ipod club. Call me stupid but i never could upload/update songs on this shit. I did it one time, don't remember how

James Blunt
    All the ERA albums
    Nina Hagen

Gay is the new Black

Buy

Anti-iPod

Pressure Drop - Artist Unknown (White Label)
    Be Who You Are!

PutzProductions
    download

ipod sukz

haven't got any albums for years

PutzProductions
    You have a cute photo just wanted to say

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
    Haven't bought a cd in years... all download from Rhapsody.

I have an ipod BUT i'm also a member of the anti-ipod club. Call me stupid but i never could upload/update songs on this shit. I did it one time, don't remember how

James Blunt
    All the ERA albums
    Nina Hagen

Xstr8guy
    Hehe. I just noticed the username... PuTz (not PuLz) Productions. Lol. Who is this?

How long have you been gay?
    Quote Originally Posted by PutzProductions View Post
    You have a cute photo just wanted to say
    Hello thanks a lot :cowboy:

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolKnights View Post
    Pressure Drop - Artist Unknown (White Label)
    'em are some apples!

:thumbsup: to Technical Itch

Quote Originally Posted by DonMike View Post
    ...and I really hate pop radio (sorry JusThunder),
    Actually, I wouldn't say I like pop radio. I am into music and like catchy beats and tunes, but not typical pop stuff. Good music does come in all forms, underground and mainstream. There's just a lot more underground artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    I am not a trend'oid!
    [B]
    As many have noticed, this :cheekymonkey: climbed a different evolutionary ladder!
    I must admit, I'm surprised to see so many Anti-iPod folks here. I can understand wanting to hate them just because they're so popular, but they do have some great products. My favorite mp3 player was actually and iRiver, but I can't knock iPod anymore for becoming so successful. They have raised the bar and standards in many ways. Plus, I love Apple, for the most part anyway.

I'm going to take a listen to some of those artists mentioned.
    Me on Twitter

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by JusThunder View Post
    I must admit, I'm surprised to see so many Anti-iPod folks here. I can understand wanting to hate them just because they're so popular, but they do have some great products. My favorite mp3 player was actually and iRiver, but I can't knock iPod anymore for becoming so successful. They have raised the bar and standards in many ways. Plus, I love Apple, for the most part anyway. I'm going to take a listen to some of those artists mentioned.
    The product was and still is far from cutting edge, when it's compared to other MP3 players. Many years ago, I replaced it with a Sansa player, which was smaller, louder, offered a better equalizer and required no software! Plus, it would not stop playing while I skied or workout in cold climates, unlike my previous iPod - too much condensation.

As far as I am concerned, their success has nothing to do with how good of a player it is. They are successful simply because of the genius that marketed the puppy, and the amount of music videos it's invaded.

Just like Paris Hilton!

Oh, you simply have to give ColdCut (not ColdPlay <-- BOOOooo...) a listen.
    Me loves 'em oh so much!

You've gotta lighten up Paco, geez.
    You really do hate them, eh?

My experienced opinion is just as I said. The ipod is a fantastic product. Not at all the BEST mp3 player, but it's not a bad product. And they've have been "cutting edge" in some ways. They've taught other companies about having a user-friendly interface as well as a simple and classy design. You can't deny that.

Hi-jack over.. More music!
    Me on Twitter

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by JusThunder View Post
    You've gotta lighten up Paco, geez.
    You really do hate them, eh?
    Uh, I am not stressing --- I am merely expressing my honest opinion. I am actually not sure I, or my kind, can lighten-up any more than I already am: I see life as just another game, and as with all the others (games) whether I am in first or last, matters not, only how I play!

Just because a person hates something does not mean they are all "tense", or tightly wound. If anything, it is quite the opposite - not many are as relaxed as I.

And what I really do hate is what they've become (I do not hate "the player", as I know that is all it is ... just another player.) !
    There's always been a better and worse type or version, and there will always be (a better & worse).