Thread: Image Resizing Help Needed...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Image Resizing Help Needed...

Does anyone know of a program that will allow me to open the same image# in a bunch of different folders and resize it, save it and move on to the next filename?

Basically, i have a few thousand image directories each with numerical image file names and i only need to resize the 0001.jpg in each of these directories and dont feel like going through them all and manually opening them in photoshop LOL

Anyone know of a way of doing this that is more time efficient?

Regards,

Lee

1stdave
    Could do this in under 5 minutes (at least the script) if it's on a linux server.

Paco
    hmm, now that's a neato toque-twister for the morning.

I know Dreamweaver can do global updates to many index files at once, so it should be able to resize all the images - to me both actions are more or less the same (change & save).
    I do not use the proggy so I can not detail the steps, but you should be able to list the source, or Src as 0001.jpg.

Sorry I could not help out more.

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stdave View Post
    Could do this in under 5 minutes (at least the script) if it's on a linux server.
    hi

why not post it here, then?

DEVELISH

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVELISH View Post
    hi

why not post it here, then?

DEVELISH
    because he has no clue on how to do it himself.

and BTW, THAT is what is referred to, or known, as ASSBAGGERY!

(And here I was concerned that my additions were somewhat troll'ish, or not very useful.)

1stdave
    Yeah assbaggery or trolling -- which one tastes better

go into a directory that has all the directories in it. lets say they are all called ASSBAG_set#

for DIR in ASSBAG_set*; do
    echo $DIR;
    cd $DIR;
    convert -resize 320x240 0001.jpg 0001-small.jpg;
    cd ..;
    done

BTW make sure the "convert" command exists first its from imagemagick

Now lee go back in that other thread and give me an answer on the best niche you have worked with during your time

1stdave
    Paco just for the record I didn't type it out last night because I wasn't sure if he -had- a linux server. Wasn't trying to be the opposite of helpful.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Thanks for the assistance so far

Unfortunately, the content is on a portable HD right now otherwise id be able to use the imagemagick commands LOL

Regards,

Lee

you should be able to do this in photoshop, just setup a batch job and then run it against all your folders....i posted a while back on how to setup batch jobs. They are easy to setup - if you can do the action once in photoshop then it can repeat those steps automatically for you.

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stdave View Post
    Paco just for the record I didn't type it out last night because I wasn't sure if he -had- a linux server. Wasn't trying to be the opposite of helpful.
    Dave - thank you for posting the code.

I do apologize for being somewhat harsh, but I was merely :shitpoke: 'ing you.

Glad it worked
    P.S. assbaggery is somewhat shitty tasting, but trollin' may catch you a big tasty fish!

Paco
    Sorry for chasing my own post - I did not make the edit deadline.

Although I am sure you already know how to create a 'Action' and run a 'Batch' in P.S., Lee, here is my walk-thru:
    HOW TO: Recording Actions and Running Batches, in Photoshop.

Oh yah: modify 'source'.