Thread: Paycom’s Affiliate Program

maxpower

Paycom’s Affiliate Program

I am just wondering what everyone really thinks about Paycom’s Affiliate Program, meaning do you prompt sites that use their affiliate program, or do you have reservations about doing that? I am really not trying to rag on paycom, and I know many of you work with them as a processor, so if you feel the need you can PM me about this.

I am just trying to figure out if its worth opening an affiliate program just using them, or if I should have NAT’s to subbasement paycoms features. I will be adding Ccbill in like 6-8 months of stable transactions with paycom “I hope” but in the mean time I am just trying to figure out if this would be a expectable substitution.

I also know some of you guys would never promote a site I open regardless, and this is not really intended as a compliance vote of me, rather just your general and unguarded opinion regarding Processors Affiliate Programs

Xstr8guy
    CCbill's admin is far more sophisticated for both owners and affiliates. Most webmasters prefer CCbill over Epoch for affiliate programs. I know I do.

I do think Epoch scrubs a little less than CCbill so fewer sales will be denied. But I have no proof of that... it's just a gut feeling.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Granted, we aren't traffic people, but I try and keep an eye on what's out there, and I really can't think of much of *any* gay program I've ever heard of that uses Paycom's affiliate program standalone.

Generally, I see either CCBill, NATS or MPA3 (probably roughly in order of number of programs using each), and VERY occasionally a Verotel program or (for a gigantic straight program) their own proprietary affiliate program.

paycom's affiliate stats aren't all that, but some people really like being paid by the processor.

why not try it and see how it goes?

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    paycom's affiliate stats aren't all that, but some people really like being paid by the processor.

why not try it and see how it goes?
    I don’t know, I am starting think I am almost painted in a corner here. I can get a better affiliate program than Ccbill for between 50$ and 150$. I really hate to pay the extra money every month now, but it might be a good idea when I am ready to open the affiliate program that is. Its not that much money I am sure it would pay for itself. People would still get paid with paycom and I know people trust them/ know who they are.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    People would still get paid with paycom and I know people trust them/ know who they are.
    I don't think that is true. If you use MPA3 or NATS, you will be writing the checks. It might be different if you are only using a single biller but if you use multiple CC processors with NATS or MPA3, CCbill and Epoch will not issue payments.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    I don't think that is true. If you use MPA3 or NATS, you will be writing the checks. It might be different if you are only using a single biller but if you use multiple CC processors with NATS or MPA3, CCbill and Epoch will not issue payments.
    I am still not 100% sure I will use MPA3 or NATS yet, I might use another program at lest at first, but does sound like I should do something at least. But I hope I am not writing checks, I do not think that is a good idea, personally I do want a 3 party to do that for now anyway. You know if paycom will even let me have hosted galleries? I guess I should think about that with the new affiliate program, if they do not provide it.

i believe paycom is currently working on a stats solution with MPA, so in the near future they should have MPA3 style stats built into their own stats. that'll be sweet! hopefully rand or frank will be here to confirm this after they're awake.

Dzinerbear
    I don't like promoting sites that process with Paycom alone because each program requires a unique ID and you can't merge the accounts together. So it means I have to wait longer for my money and I get a lot of smaller cheques. Rand did say in another thread that Paycom is working on a merge solution and it should be rolled out by the end of the year. That will be a welcome addition.

Cheers,
    Michael

marcjacob
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    CCbill's admin is far more sophisticated for both owners and affiliates. Most webmasters prefer CCbill over Epoch for affiliate programs. I know I do.

I do think Epoch scrubs a little less than CCbill so fewer sales will be denied. But I have no proof of that... it's just a gut feeling.
    probably because im too lazy to read the help files, but i find ccbills system 5 to be a mess. when you get used to it, its better, but at first it was hard to find what wanted.

the thing with ccbill though (imo of course) is that it increases both consumer and affiliate confidence, sure you get affiliates who wont work through ccbill but tons more who want programs through ccbill.

the other option max, is nats
    Last edited by marcjacob; 09-22-2006 at 12:53 PM. Reason: to make sense