Thread: how to block search engines?

marcjacob

how to block search engines?

Im getting traffic from msn under the term "boy sex". this worries me, i think its because the site is college boy sex parties. how do i stop this? im not fussed about se traffic and i never design for it, but i dont this sort of exposure.

Cheerful Agnostic
    I had similar problems with a few of my sites.

I changed the text on my site to handle it.

You can also create a splash page specifically for people searching those terms and make a decision based on the URI stem of the user.

So people entering under the term "boy sex" would see a different landing page then people searching college boy sex.

marcjacob
    thank alot, how long will it take to drop me? im not over reacting am i? these searches scare me

Cheerful Agnostic
    That would drop all your search traffic though, not just the terms that scare you.

I guess it depends on how scared you are.

Xstr8guy
    I wouldn't worry about it too much Marc. The context in which you used it is harmless. Hell, I could possibly get "b0y sex" search results from using text like this on one of my sites... "Boy! The sex with that 40 year old chub with the small dick sure was hot!" Lol.

If you are still worried about it, go back and change the text to "college guy sex parties"

marcjacob
    Quote Originally Posted by James_Hotmovies View Post
    That would drop all your search traffic though, not just the terms that scare you.

I guess it depends on how scared you are.
    i dont go for se traffic anyway.

the term is the domain though xstraight guy, hard to change that

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    i dont go for se traffic anyway.
    Ok, I'll say it... that's just freakin' silly! Why not?

marcjacob
    yeah i guess it is. the thing is i have tried and got no where. i know just do what i know. im still learning really. im now trying str8 tgp to see how i do. learning se would take too long and i wouldnt be building the avs sites that do make me money.