Thread: How long do you keep emails?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    How long have you been gay?
    I keep all my emails, but I do have to archive them. I usually do it by months for easy reference. In fact if you use an older version of Outlook the .pst file only has a 2 gig limit. Once it reaches that it will crash...I learned the hard way.

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    I have rules for thunderbird to shuff emails to foldres where they belong to (basically person names as folder names).

Emails for business I have no rules for since most of it are newsletters anyways which will be deleted after I taught TB that it is consideres SPAM from now on.

The total of all my mailboxes is about 350MB

Besides that: I do not keep logs of any of my messages sent by any messenger (not even Skype even as they are encrypted)

But then... I became paranoid here....

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I have nearly all of my inbound and outbound emails since 2001.

I had everything all the way back to 1996, but had a disk crash and discovered that the one backup was unreadable. Now I keep multiple copies of everything. I use Eudora, which has the nice advantage of keeping the emails in a large text file, so if something goes wrong, it can rebuild the indexes of individual mailboxes without loss of data.

marcjacob
    I have a few from last week . I keep what i think ill need for later. Nothing else. Seems to work, never wanted an email i dont have.

gaybucks_skyler

I'm a Keeper

I seriously keep EVERY email ever sent or received... LOL I have my first email ever from when I got my first email account in like 7th grade... LOL

I will probably NEVER ever use them, but it still feels nice to have them...

Love, Sky

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by badpuppyben View Post
    I keep all my emails, but I do have to archive them. I usually do it by months for easy reference. In fact if you use an older version of Outlook the .pst file only has a 2 gig limit. Once it reaches that it will crash...I learned the hard way.
    Ben,

How do you 'un-archive' the contents of the .pst file? LOL

I archived a bunch of emails last month before i did a reformat and i cant for the life of me figure out how the hell i can read them again LOL

Regards,

Lee

WegCash Robert

Emails

I keep them all. I have files in my outlook for each person.