Thread: Google earth morphing into 3-D metaverse

Google earth morphing into 3-D metaverse

Googles latest plan, user updated 3-D models of buildings and other structures for google earth. See the new beginnings of the Google metaverse here

Googles recent acquisition of Sketchup, a 3-D modeling program, is now the tool for users to create, amongst other things, virtual buildings. All 3-D models will be placed on top of their virtual "real estate" location on Google earth. How cool is that? If you want to take part just follow the link above which takes you to the 3-D warehouse.

What are your thoughts? Would you ever take part in the creation of the metaverse landscape? Imagine showing people the buildings you created on the virtual landscape like an architect would in the real world. Is this the future?

Also go here and see the demo at the bottom of the page showing how it looks
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

desslock
    Google had a giant display and booth at the big Las Vegas Star Trek convention last month. They were all into showing all the creative possibilities of this application on a science fiction level.

They showed examples of people using Google Earth to create entire planets. It was impressive.

It reminded me of Project Genesis, myself....

According to myth, the Earth was created in 6 days. Now, watch out. Here comes Google Earth. We'll do it for you in 6 minutes!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by desslock View Post
    Google had a giant display and booth at the big Las Vegas Star Trek convention last month. They were all into showing all the creative possibilities of this application on a science fiction level.

They showed examples of people using Google Earth to create entire planets. It was impressive.

It reminded me of Project Genesis, myself....

According to myth, the Earth was created in 6 days. Now, watch out. Here comes Google Earth. We'll do it for you in 6 minutes!

Steve

It's great! Are you going to participate?

I was thinking of hiring a webmonky to create 3-D models of every Gay club in America for google earth. What do you think? :high:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com