Thread: How To Encode Additional Information Into Images/Movies?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How To Encode Additional Information Into Images/Movies?

So i was just checking out a couple of new content providers and i saw one that said they encode the 2257 information inside each and every image in a set.

I was wondering, could this be used to encode other information also such as site urls, company names, copyrights etc etc?

If so, does anyone know what the best way of achieving this would be?

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    Can we see an example of what you are talking about? That sounds amazing!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Well i just did some checking around and found this...

http://www.digimarc.com/mypicturemarc/buy-now.asp

It looks like it is an annual servie that costs $500 for up to 5000 images.

So in essence, if a photoset has 100 images in it, you can encode your information in 50 sets for $500.

It only mentions being able to encode name, address, email addie, and a url right now though so im wondering if it has been expanded on by Ezsets using the IPTC standards to include more information than that?

Definately something worth checking out though IMHO if you are using exclusive content, as it looks like they have an image tracking service also which would be great for seeing which webmasters were stealing your pics and using them on the web illegally

I might consider adding this to some of the new sets we'll have on Rainbow Content towards the end of the year, could definately be worth the $500 investment

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    You can register for the Digimarc adult image watermark (and the Photoshop plugin) for free.

It gives you a unique ID, and the plugin allows you to put in the copyright info. I think there's one other field, I'm not sure if it would be long enough to store custodian of records info, but you could definitely put a URL and an image ID.

We currently use the adult image watermark to encode all of our images. If you're using filtering software and a browser that supports it, the browser refuses to display any image that's coded as adult by Digimarc if the adult content filter is turned on, it's a pretty nifty solution.

The $500 a year service for Mypicturemark is mostly intended to allow you to track images used on the web, they have a custom spider that checks. Problem is, most of the people that steal images keep them behind a login, so it of course won't find those.

But as a vehicle to identify images for 2257, it is a good option.

Jesus was never married, ran around with twelve guys, and was betrayed by a kiss from another guy. Lippi's Avatar
    What I have heard is, that the watermark will go, if people modify the pictures.
    Have a nice day,
    Lippi :morning:

www.thebestboys.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lippi View Post
    What I have heard is, that the watermark will go, if people modify the pictures.
    Actually, the watermark is pretty durable. You can resize and resave the picture several times, and as long as you specify a "strong' watermark when you're originally saving it, and the image is of reasonable size (at least 300x300 or someting) the watermark will survive resizing and resaving... sometimes several generations of it.

Are you able to track your ID online and see where your images are on the net with the free adult service throught digimarc?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

The free service doesn't support tracking the images, but since they do assign you a Digimarc ID when you get the free service, if you encode all your images with the invisible watermark, it will have your unique ID, and you can later sign up for the spidering service and it will use your existing ID to track whatever images are out there.

I don't think Digimarc is offering the free KidSafe service anymore.

The links from ICRA to register for the service are invalid and the search on Digimarc only brings back two old press releases.

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Hmmm.

I've sent an email to our Digimarc sales rep to see what the deal is. Evidently the service is still alive, because I logged into my Digimarc account and they just renewed our (free) subscription in June, and it's set to auto-renew again next year, but... like Squirt, I can't find a link anywhere for new customers to sign up.

I hope it's not another case of "To better serve you, we've eliminated this wonderful service we used to have." They've already done that once, they used to have an excellent watermarking tool they sold for 50 bucks. Now it's only available with their $5000/year software solution.

Great thanks! It will be interesting to see what their response is. I think it's discontinued. Their pay service isn't that much though :frog:

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Turns out the service is not discontinued. It's provided in partnership with ICRA, and apparently the signup pages are supposed to be hosted with ICRA.

My contact at Digimarc asked me to apologize to the webmaster community, apparently nobody noticed the link was broken. She has emailed ICRA and is asking to get it fixed, and will notify me when it's been taken care of.

So that's really good news!

Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    Turns out the service is not discontinued. It's provided in partnership with ICRA, and apparently the signup pages are supposed to be hosted with ICRA.

My contact at Digimarc asked me to apologize to the webmaster community, apparently nobody noticed the link was broken. She has emailed ICRA and is asking to get it fixed, and will notify me when it's been taken care of.

So that's really good news!
    That's great Chip thanks! I'll keep checking back on the ICRA site and see when the link is working again. Thanks again :bunny:

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com