Thread: Recovering From England

robin

Recovering From England

Hey everyone I'm back from England. Wedding, beer, boyz, shopping, and lottttttts of walking.

Just checking in to see what's been happening while I was away. Anything particularly interesting happen during the past 3 weeks?

England was fun but its great to be back home. I'll be getting back into the full swing of things in the next few days but I'll be easing myself back into work. :construction:

Pics are a possibility when I get sorted out.

marcjacob
    where in england did you go?

desslock
    Well while you were gone, Tony Blair got the boot. Other than that.....

Steve

marcjacob
    Quote Originally Posted by desslock View Post
    Well while you were gone, Tony Blair got the boot. Other than that.....
    as a paid up blairite... no he didnt. he said he was going a long time ago. and the labour members are now realising what theyve lost after a great blair speach. and gordon brown (spit) will never be prime minister, tony blair is working on that now !

robin
    Arrrrrrg -- No more news and debates about Blair and Brown please -- I've had enough politics and news on them whilst I was there.

Lets see... I was all over Cornwall for family and fun, Birmingham for a wedding (that was fun too for a change) and London for family and fun. And a few other places in between.

Robin - it's great to hear you got away for a while and nice to know you're back

now hurry up with those pics!

robin
    Well it looks like I screwed up slightly and have a bunch of folders on my puter with the exact same pictures... but here's a few. Plus I'll be blogging some other pics at my various blogs. http://www.gaysideshows.com/blog/ for one

Pics are:
    - Me in stocks at Bodmin Jail in Cornwall
    - Me at The Producers in West End -- great show -- plus was in a position to see the guys changing in the wings :develish:
    - Picadilly Circus at night (Couldn't find the one that has me in it)
    - One of my Trafalgar Square pics -- I took a lot of phalic photos as it turned out.
    Last edited by robin; 09-29-2006 at 04:49 PM. Reason: forgot something

desslock
    Hey - how was the Producers?

How is it compared to the Gene Wilder / Zero Mostel movie?

Steve

robin
    Quote Originally Posted by desslock View Post
    Hey - how was the Producers?

How is it compared to the Gene Wilder / Zero Mostel movie?

Steve
    Hey Steve, well I loved both mmm actually I loved all three versions; so its kinda hard for me to give a total this was better than that type of rating. I think they all had merit.

The production that I saw was modeled on the more recent movie version (Nathan and Matthew) in fact, Nathan's understudy was in this particular version as Leo Bloom.

My only "complaint" and really its not a big complaint was that is was a scaled down version of what I thought it should have been. But you know... budgets and stage performances...

desslock
    Well that sounds like lots of fun. When I visit London (hopefully sooner rather then later) I will make it a point to visit the West End.

Steve

cool pics - and thanks for the phallic symbols

robin
    I'm probably going to do a blog post at gay side shows with a whack of phalic symbols.

Steve and anyone else going to London...Be sure to pick up a copy of "TimeOut London; Gay + Lesbian London" its available at alot of newstands in London, bookshops in London and I think I even saw it at Amazon. Its a really good guidebook. Ohh its also available at timeout.com