Thread: GWW Community Profiles - Please Read

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

WTF? GWW Community Profiles - Please Read

Okay, a couple of months ago i sent out a broadcast message letting everyone know that they needed to update their profile on the GWW Community and to make sure that they had an up-to-date email address in their profile specifically.

Whilst we managed to drop around 400 users who appeared to no longer want their account, im noticing that there are currently around another 100 GWW Community members who are active community members but, still havent updated their profile to include a working email address and, as such, we are still seeing bounced messages from their accounts.

In addition, if you have any anti-spam scripting or sofware enabled, you should add the email address webmaster at gaywidewebmasters.com to your whitelist because, yet again, we are getting lots of bounces back from community members who have updated their email addresses but, havent included our email address in their whitelist.

I have just logged in to the catch-all email address for GWW and manually had to delete over 10,000 email bounces that were slowing the server down because of the issues mentioned above.

Please take 2 minutes to ensure that your email address in your profile is up-to-date and that you have included webmaster at gaywidewebmasters.com to any anti-spam programs you have running. I dont particularly like spending an hour to manually delete bounced emails from the server on a Saturday.

As such, please be advised that unless you update your email address and add webmaster at gaywidewebmasters.com to your anti-spam filters by the 7th October 2006, your account will be deleted, without exception, this goes for our current moderators to.

Regards,

Lee

marcjacob
    Lee, how will this work? Sometimes ISP's go down, would that cause an email to bounce? I get the topic reply notifcations so i premumable dont need to update my email.

Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    Lee, how will this work? Sometimes ISP's go down, would that cause an email to bounce? I get the topic reply notifcations so i premumable dont need to update my email.
    Indeed an ISP going down would cause an email to bounce however, that isnt what is happening in this instance.

This is a case of people not having an up-to-date email address in their profile as most of the bounces we are getting are 'unknown address' bounces meaning that people have either made a typo when entering their email address or, they have subsequently changed their address since registering for GWW.

One time bounces due to an ISP going down is nothing to worry about as far as im concerned however, bounces for registration emails, topic replies, PM notifications and the weekly bulletins are whats causing the server to get bogged down and, all of these issues can be solved by GWW Community members making sure they have a correct email address in their profile and that the webmaster @ gaywidewebmasters.com email address is allowed through any anti-spam software they may be running.

Regards,

Lee

marcjacob
    thanks for clearing that up lee.

Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    actually, if your email server (in this case your isp) is offline, email messages will be delayed and delivery will be retried at set periods upto 72 hours later....so as long as its not offline for more than a couple of days you would be fine.

cheers!
    Luke

marcjacob
    I have nothing to add

But i will add good wishes to whoever wins, plus a nice warm fuzzy feeling:

Dollar amount: priceless.

(yes.. im bored)

marcjacob
    post above was in the wrong thread, sorry

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    I just got the GWW newsletter thingie a day ago on an old GWW username I don't use, but not on this one (HotMaleVideos). Does that mean I'm bouncing? I shouldn't be.

Mike,

If you shoot me a PM with the old username ill be sure to remove that account

Regards,

Lee