Thread: When You Visit A B2B Site What Type Of Info Do You Hope To Find?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

When You Visit A B2B Site What Type Of Info Do You Hope To Find?

So i have been doing a lot of looking around for scripts and other business related items over the last day or two and im actually really surprised at the amount of sites catering to B2B services that DONT mention how much the products or services they are selling cost :eek:

For example, i was looking for a script a few hours ago, found one that i thought i would like to use but, i tried finding out how much this script was going to cost and had to actually email the company for a 'price based on my needs' i mean wtf is that all about?

Another pet peeve that i have about B2B sites is when they have a 'list of features' but all it actually has listed as 'features' is 2 or 3 things and, when sites do list most of the common features, their descriptions are so damn vague that you really are no better off knowing what features they have than if they didnt list them at all LOL

So, when you go looking for B2B related products and services, what type of information do you hope to find on a site but often dont?

Regards,

Lee

I need to know prices now, with an email contact next to the price to get more info if needed. I like a short description, with a link to a more extended description telling me exactly what I'm getting in a clear format (usually bullet points). On the contact email system I like an automatic ticket to be assigned so I know I'm in the system after sending an email, and like an automatic confirmation email sent with the ticket number for tracking. If it's a product or service I like a quick online demo showing the product or demo product with a money back grace period.

I also like it when a company lists it's competitors prices and tells me why they are a better value. That's all I can think off off the top of my head :bunny:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

DamageX
    From a client's perspective, I can imagine how showing prices makes sense. From a service/product provider's perspective, I'd rather have the potential clients e-mail me, so I can best cater to their specific needs and quote them accordingly.

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    I like to at least have an idea of what the base cost is going to be.... 'starting at $99' etc.

DamageX
    Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    I like to at least have an idea of what the base cost is going to be.... 'starting at $99' etc.
    While I understand the client's need to know that, you also need to understand that most clients would simply expect that price and once you tell them that what they want may cost 2-3x that, or more, they simply back out. This despite the fact that the service would provide them with great value even at the higher price. They get stuck on the base price and figure you're just using it as bait to squeeze them out of more money.