Thread: SD™ digital memory cards Question

SpamBoards

SD™ digital memory cards Question

SD™ digital memory cards Question

are these so called "High Speed" or "Extreme Speed"

category type of SD™ Cards any better in digital cameras, or no?

after all the standard ones work just fine, right? why get the faster ones?

such as for example, with SanDisk brand, their "Ultra® II" and "Extreme® III"

I know they are "faster", but what difference does it really make in the use of the camera?

Is it actually of value or just a gimmick? Why are the standard SD™ Cards not sufficient?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    With our camera, there is a noticeable difference in writing time, meaning if we shoot a bunch of pics in succession and it fills up the internal buffer in the camera, the faster cards allow the camera to "recover" sooner and allow us to shoot more pics.

I think it only really matters if you're shooting a lot of pics that are 8mp or higher in a short time.

Paco
    In short, yes, they are better, and the tiny price increase is well worth it, at least I think.

Because the can be written to a lot faster than the "slower" versions, you can do more (saves time etc) with your time.

I was getting 20 or so seconds of video when using the regular SD card in a Canon a510 (digital camera).

The "EXTREME" (man alive do I hate that word) cards have allowed me to record 45+ seconds!

That is just one of the benefits!