Thread: Paysite Owners - How Much Attention Do You Pay To Placement?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Paysite Owners - How Much Attention Do You Pay To Placement?

When it comes to adding upsells inside your members areas, how much attention do you pay to where you actually place the upsells inside the members area?

Obviously they need to be placed on a section of the page where they will be seen by the member but, at the same time, you dont want them to detract from the primary reason your members joined your site, the content.

So, with that being said, have you found that a higher or lower placement has worked best for you so far as member retention and upsell revenues?

Also, on the subject of upsells, have you found that a certain 'type' of upsell works best for specific niches?

For example, im noticing that a lot of members inside MatureDudes are opting to get access to VOD sites more than the members inside TeensNTwinks, who appear to like cam shows better.

I was wondering if this was a difference that you might have also noticed on a per niche basis?

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    Ok. I'm a paysite n00b, I'll admit it. But do you really make any real money from member's area upsells? Or do you just annoy your members with that kind of stuff?

marcjacob
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Ok. I'm a paysite n00b, I'll admit it. But do you really make any real money from member's area upsells? Or do you just annoy your members with that kind of stuff?
    and affiliates.. if your a partnership program. i dont care what pps do but % should have clean member areas imo.

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Place all sellable items in an area marked accordingly ('SPECIALS' etc) and they will have no reason to get all miffed! And yes, members do buy, frequently!

It's funny how well big dick "enhancements" - who'd have guessed?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    and affiliates.. if your a partnership program. i dont care what pps do but % should have clean member areas imo.
    I beg to differ.

Upsells, have become synonymous with members areas and, as such, if you dont include them in a site *somewhere* the site is going to look really empty to the surfers which in turn means that they wont stick around.

It doesnt matter if a program operates on a PPS or revshare basis, in order to have a full members area, with more regularly updated content than you could possibly purchase for $30 a sale, you must provide upsell content in order to keep the surfers attention above and beyond what your 'actual' content does. (by actual i mean content that is located on your server, that you own, not feeds)

24 hour live gay webcams for example, to my knowledge, there isnt a SINGLE paid feed that provides 24/7/365 live webcams... Upsells however such as ImLive and LiveBucks, do provide 24/7/365 live webcams because that is how they make their money.

These days, if you dont have some kind of 'interactive' feature inside a members area, surfers wont stick around to rebill as they can pretty much strip all of a sites content within minutes and again, the most cost-effective way to provide members with an interactive service, is to use upsells such as ImLive or LiveBucks.

I would say that 3 years ago, there really wasnt a need to have upsells in a members area however, as more and more paysites hit the web, using the same content or models as every other paysite out there, upsells offer something that the surfer wont have already seen before.. Hopefully.

Also, upsells dont just reside in a members area, a lot of revshare sponsors i have seen as of late have consoles, leaks on the tour pages or even email collection boxes in place so they can upsell the surfer before they have even had a chance to join the site.

Jim, to answer your question, yes, members do purchase from upsells. I have a couple of customers at XOD that joined back in November who are still buying more minutes each and every month.

The problem with upsells is making sure that you match them to your sites content. This way, you arent giving the member 'upsells' you are giving them 'bonus' products to check out that they might have a genuine interest in seeing. For example, i wouldnt put a twink PPV theatre inside a Bear members area like some site owners do, it just doesnt make any sense whatsoever doing that.

Upsells not only increase a site owners bottom line profits but, if used correctly, can enhance the members experience once they have purchased a membership to your site.

Regards,

Lee