Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amateur Straight Guys/Digital Ventures Stopped Paying Affiliates?

Amateur Straight Guys/Digital Ventures Stopped Paying Affiliates?

Has anyone been paid recently from Amateur Straight Guys (ASG)? Our last payment was received over five months ago.

I've been trying to get a response from them for several weeks now but they seem to be ignoring all Emails and phone calls.

We had a similar problem back in February when they fell three months behind in payments. They finally responded and started paying again shortly thereafter.

We've been promoting them for many years and are a bit surprised and disappointed that we cannot get any response after weeks of trying.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Honestly dont know however, as this is the 2nd time something like this appears to have happened id be looking at dropping them as a program i promoted.

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    I just e-mailed them last week because I haven't received a payment either. I'm not getting a reply to my e-mails.

Is that the sounds of the woodwork breaking open? Anyone else?

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Honestly dont know however, as this is the 2nd time something like this appears to have happened id be looking at dropping them as a program i promoted.

Regards,

Lee
    Yeah I removed them a little while back from our directory. I still may have some banners on some of our link pages I need to remove.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    If there are here at the Phoenix Forum I will ask them what is going on.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

JustBryce
    We actually sent an email to them back on 9/27. Here is what we wrote:

Hi there,

We recently noticed that we haven't received a check in a while and logged into your stats system to have a look. It appears that no checks have been issued for any period after April 30 as those amounts show as "unpaid" in the stats admin.

Unfortunately, we looked back further and realized that we have not received amounts that you actually show as paid. I've attached a summary of the amounts due to us and the payments we have received.

Since this is a rather large amount and there seems to be a problem with your payment system, I'm hoping to hear back from you as soon as possible.

Thanks

"Doug & Jay" have always been great top notch guys.

The number I have for them is disconnected but checking their members forum, Doug has posted up to today, so they are still alive. I hope everything will get worked out. I do know they've had affiliate manager changes so this could be what the problem is.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    "Doug & Jay" have always been great top notch guys.
    Most people working in the industry are, until they screw people over.

Regards,

Lee

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Most people working in the industry are, until they screw people over.

Regards,

Lee
    Absolutely there Lee. Abso-frickin-lutely

No fewer than 5 Emails have been sent beginning on 9/12/06. The addresses I used were doug@ amateurstraightguys.com, customerservice@ amateurstraightguys.com, webmaster@ amateurstraightguys.com. That doesn't include the messages sent through their online form. Suddenly on 9/21 I started getting bounced Email as doug@ amateurstraightguys.com was no longer a valid address/user unknown.

On 9/19 I phoned and spoke to Josh. He stated he would pass my info along to their affiliate manager, Vern. After not hearing anything, I called again on 9/29. Again I spoke to Josh and he transferred me to Vern's voice mail. I left a detailed message. Again nothing.

Dzinerbear
    Sounds like it times to start pulling down links to Amateur Straight Guys.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by IntenseCash.com View Post
    If there are here at the Phoenix Forum I will ask them what is going on.

Mark
    I certainly hope they're not there recruiting new affiliates.

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN.
    We too have had the same trouble with Amateur Straight Guys (ASG) / Digital Ventures, LLC. They owe us 4-figures in unpaid commissions which have accrued over the past 5 months. The last check that we received from them was May 30, 2006.

They WILL NOT respond via email or phone. We’re to the point of going for broke and taking them to court no matter the cost. If it’s legally feasible, would anyone be interested in a class action lawsuit?

Amateur Straight Guys/Digital Ventures, LLC SHOULD NOT be allowed to continue to operate status-quo until their debts have been paid. I find it interesting that they seem to have no difficulties in paying models to appear on their site/s, but when it comes to affiliates, they apparently feel it’s justifiable to pay us if and when they so choose.

ASG needs to either fold and close up shop or pay what’s owed to their affiliates. I feel certain that there are more of us out there who are in the same predicament with ASG.

It’s time to cease allowing these debtors to continue on with their procrastination and blatant presumptuousness that they have displayed. They think that we affiliates cannot or will not do anything to collect from them what is owed. It’s time to let them know otherwise.

Xstr8guy
    They are still paying for google adwords so I'm guessing that they have a postive cash-flow.

This is exactly why I like to promote CCbill sponsors. You KNOW you're gonna get paid.

Xstr8guy
    Oh look. Anyone at the Phx forum is in their area. Maybe someone should swing by and say hi. That is, if they actually have an office inside their PO Box.

Information courtesy of gayjob.biz

Digital Ventures LLC
    PO Box 40
    Tempe, AZ 85280
    United States
    Phone: (602) 288-9010
    800 Phone: 877 448 3357
    Fax: 602 288 9010
    Website (General):
    http://www.dougandjayproductions.com
    Website (Employment):
    http://