Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Howdy from Phoenix

Howdy from Phoenix

Well, we're here, we're queer -- and having a wonderful time! Getting to see so many guys and gals that I hadn't met in person before now, and it's just like coming home to a warm family reunion.

I'm on a complimentary internet access computer that's setup in the cafe, and the bugger won't let me read my mail, so thought I'd drop by here to let Cj and Danny of Zbuckz and Luke of Chilihost know that they won the cybersocket awards! Zbuckz for Best Asian theme site: Boykakke and Luke for his superb webhosting service! Congrats to both of you, and I was truly honored that I was asked to accept the awards on your behalf! They're going to make dandy bookends!

... just kidding!

And a hearty congratulations to all of those that are going home with awards tucked into their suitcases this time around!

thats the news for now >>> till next time >>>:thumbsup:

Paco
    *waving*
    people hi!

I do hope you have an absolutely fabulous time there, dear!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Bec,

I hear that there was some err... 'trouble' at the show.

Can you confirm this?

Apparently certain items were stolen last night sometime?

Regards,

Lee

Hi Bec I'm glad you're having a good time there

Congrats to all the award winners and nominees good job everyone!
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Woohoo, that is awesome news, thanks Bec for being there to accept the award for me. Congrats to CJ & Danny too!

cheers,
    Luke

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Luke and Danny, congrats to you both! The awards ceremony was wonderful though the room was insanely crowded (they let the public in before the ceremony, unlike last year, so no one could move...)

As for items being stolen, the only situation I'm aware of was at the opening dinner. There was a large table up front, next to the stage, where CCBill had set up the champaign bottles to be given to sponsors as a "thank you" for their support. All the bottles were individually engraved with the name of the sponsor. Someone wandered up to the table, grabbed the bottle for Corbin Fisher, opened it, and started drinking from it. I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but it was certainly a major faux pas.

Madame0120
    There has been zero trouble at the show. The SWAT Team guys were hired, not called. Everything is running smoothly , and the 80's Party was rockin' good fun! Food and drink are plentiful, and the 2nd shift bartender is a HOTTIE!

:p

Oh yeah .. and the business part is better than I expected. The best Newbee seminar I've ever been to .. the legal seminar was packed and I'm looking forward to the traffic one today.

I think the sponcers should be right proud of the first Gay Phoenix Forum!

:cheerleader:

Madame is right - there's been zero problems other than a really slow internet connection. The service at the hotel has been excellent, the food is fantastic and the sponsors are to definately be praised highly for a truly classy event all around.

Having a great time.

I didn't think this was a good idea.

I was wrong.

HAving the seminars lead by members of our side of the industry and geared towards us has made things great. Being the center of attention has really made a difference, and I've been able to sit down with LOTS of people and have some great conversations and meetings and I've received some amazing advice.

And yes... Jasun is staying sober. At a convention. Hell HAS frozen over.

Highlights...

Harlan at the Content Seminar. Who knew he was THAT funny?

Chichi at the After Party on Thursday who after seeing the size of my feet allowed me to put on her shoes. I got both feet in one of them.

Winning the Dirty Boy Video "Pin the Dildo on the Twink" contest. I won a can of Ham.

Everyone telling me that yes, contrary to what my body dismorphia says, I HAVE lost weight.

Being asked if I would rather top or bottom in a feature.

Finally meeting Bec.

waking up today without a hangover.

getting to spend more time with Don Mike at a show than ever.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Madame0120
    Hey Jason! You are looking Very toned! I'm taking the afternoon off from the show .. resting up for more fun later tonight. Roy is still there, if you haven't already, please introduce yourself, I know he wanted to chat with you about several things.

Sorry I missed the games last night!

gaybucks_skyler

Chilaxin' in Phoenix

Hey!

I'm just relaxing around the hotel for now, but I have been having a really good time here. I've been able to meet a lot of the people who are on here regularly and hope to soon meet the rest whom I haven't had the pleasure yet.

Unlike Jeff Cruise, this is not my first event, but I can say by far it has been my favorite. I started in this industry simply as talent, but now I'm moving to the more business/behind the scenes side of things, and this is the first event where I've been able to talk to other people on a more technical standing. Don't get me wrong I'm keeping my career as the talent too, just doing double duty. I'm an overachiever, what can I say?

But anyway, back to my point; I'm having a ton of fun and getting to be a part of a lot of things most "talent" doesn’t really ever see and I am grateful for that. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. I am especially thankful for Chip and AJ who have allowed me to see things and be a part of things most "talent" doesn’t get to be a part of. I can't wait until SkylerDeVoss . com takes off and I can thank all of you for your help and support.

Well, I'm outtie... gotta get pretty and head downstairs to mingle

Love, Sky

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but it was certainly a major faux pas.
    LOL! Too much liquor is more like it. I swear some of the boys need handlers.

I'm thinking of starting a lil side biz.

Madame's Short Leash, LLC.
    Keeping Your Investments Safely Tied UP.

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_skyler View Post

Well, I'm outtie... gotta get pretty and head downstairs to mingle

Love, Sky
    Now how do I keep missing you hunny? Madame wants a picture with you. it's on my list!

I am taking the afternoon off .. but should be back for the mix and mingle cocktail hour .. pls do take a look around for me.

gaybucks_skyler

???

I really don't know how we keep missing each other... but I do look forward to the day when we do finally cross paths...

Hopefully soon,

Love, Sky

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    Skyler, check your private messages.

Rocky

PS: you are soooo much hotter than i expected. :-P
    AIM: EonFilmsSDiego
    AIM Mobile: BeachBoiSDiego
    Yahoo: sandiegoartpunk
    MSN Messenger: beachboi4free@hotmail.com
    Phone: 619-944-6383
    MySpace: www.myspace.com/eonfilms & www.myspace.com/mynameisrocky