Thread: Question About Domain Transfers / Renewals

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Question About Domain Transfers / Renewals

Ive never really done this before so i was wondering, if i transfer 20 or so domains to a different registrar, such as GoDaddy, they say that they extend the domain for 1yr however, does anyone know if they extend it 1yr after it currently expires or, if they extend it for a year from the date of transfer to them?

For example, lets say i transfer 1 domain tomorrow that is due to expire in December, will the renewal at GoDaddy for 1 yr, take effect from the date of the transfer of registrar or, will it renew 1 yr from December when the domain was due to expire anyway?

Does anyone know the asnwer to this, hopefully one of you folks will have used this process before and will know the right answer

I have an email in at GoDaddy also but im kind of hoping to get a quick reply to this question LOL

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Under ICANN regs, it is one year from the current date of expiration. The date of transfer isn't relevant.

I have transferred domains into godaddy and into other registrars and I always get an extra year tacked on the end of the current registration

cheers,
    Luke

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Thanks Guys

I just got a reply from GoDaddy saying exactly the same thing as you guys did, nice to know that GWW is quicker for GoDaddy support than they are LOL

Regards,

Lee