Thread: I want to get MARRIED!

marcjacob

I want to get MARRIED!

Its legal here in the UK for two guys (or girls) to get married. They dont call it "marriage" - they call it "Civil Partnerships" but the legal side is exactly the same. Problem is, like so many Gay men, my boyfy sees it as just a piece of paper. I think if we love each other it would be great to make a public commitment to each other.

My friend said maybe he just doesnt want to propose.. that i should. We did speak about it when my parents asked me about it (just after it became law). He even asked his mum if she would come.

I wonder if me asking the qeustion would force his hand which i DONT want. I need to know we both want it, not that ive emotionally black mailed him into it (him feeling he cant say no, i may leave etc).

What would you do?

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    well i am a romantic, so i would propose anyway. marriage is just a nice ceremony for your family to share in your joy as a couple. that's why i don't see the big deal about it being legal or illegal... you can't get arrested for it. you are just showing your love for each other in a very public and expensive way.

:-P

r.
    AIM: EonFilmsSDiego
    AIM Mobile: BeachBoiSDiego
    Yahoo: sandiegoartpunk
    MSN Messenger: beachboi4free@hotmail.com
    Phone: 619-944-6383
    MySpace: www.myspace.com/eonfilms & www.myspace.com/mynameisrocky

why not propose - and think up a way to include your reasons in the proposal, spoken romantically, of course.

and don't overlook those legal reasons - if he goes to the hospital, you may not be able to get in to see him unless you have legal status and vice versa. not to mention if there are decisions to be made in that hospital, you must have legal recognition in order to make them for your partner. that was a big reason why arie and i got married after all these years.

marcjacob
    Its hard because i want him to want to marry me for the right reasons, not because he feels he "has to".

How do you find out the ring size?

Gay is the new Black
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    Its hard because i want him to want to marry me for the right reasons, not because he feels he "has to".

How do you find out the ring size?
    From a ring site...

I Want To Buy A Surprise Gift - What About Guessing The Size?
    This is an extremely common question.
    Our usual advice is to take the ring in its existing size, present it, and then take or bring the lucky owner into a jeweller's to have their finger measured properly, and the ring adjusted accurately. We advise this for two reasons. In the knowledge that most guesses are wrong, and also that, although adjusting the finger size does not normally harm the ring, there is no point sizing it twice rather than once.
    Be Who You Are!

marcjacob
    could get a bit of string and measure his finger when hes asleep, hes dead to the world then .

its a hard thing to do actually, i mean asking the question. ill have to think about it, it would have to be quite a romantic setting i think.

Does he not have other rings?