Thread: Why Do Programs Do This?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Why Do Programs Do This?

They have an automatd signup process but, in order to actually start promoting their sites, someone has to manually 'approve' your new account, or you have to email one of their affiliate reps/boardwhores.

I just dont understand why this has to be done, especially when all it means is i move on to a sponsor that doesnt require me to contact them or get my account approved.

Anyone know why programs do this? Its annoying as all hell and, imho, is counter productive for the program.

Regards,

Lee

Probably has more to do with screening out the surfers who signup as an affiliate to get their paws on content.

Top Cat
    When someone signs up for Woof Cash, they can immediately start promoting our site and getting credit for their traffic and joins. Behind the scenes we manually approve them within a day or so. That way legit webmasters never have a problem but we can quickly identify potential problems...starting with webmasters in Russia and Eastern Europe who don't have websites...hmmm.

We will then send any questionable webmasters an e-mail asking them how they'll be sending us traffic. It's amazing how many never respond and end up in our "Denied" column.

TopBucks_Juan
    I can only speak for our company, but we here at TopBucks check each person that signs up for an account with us because we deniy those who are from banned countries. Another reason is if they sign up and add a url that is from let's say, geocities, or yahoo groups we don't approve those accounts. The third reason is sometimes people sign up using an affiliates website and we know that the person signing up doesn't own the site we are then able to deny those as well.

marcjacob
    if i cant start straight away im off.

TopBucks_Juan
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    if i cant start straight away im off.
    Well that's when you build a relationship with the someone from the affiliate program and say, "Hey, I was thinking of promoting your sites and was wondering if you would work with me". Then someone like myself would tell you to go ahead and sign up for an account and to let me know when you have completed the application and then I would go in and approve your account. It's just that easy. Not only are you getting your account approved faster, but you're building a relationship.

marcjacob
    This is true. I have to say most of my sponsors now are people from boards like this that i know of. I sometimes feel like im pestering though

TopBucks_Juan
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    This is true. I have to say most of my sponsors now are people from boards like this that i know of. I sometimes feel like im pestering though
    And you want to know the ironic thing about us and dealing with our webmasters? We email them regularly and most of them don't respond. We want you to pester us and fill us in on what your needs are and how we can help.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    I think as long as you have good response times to manually approve accounts it is ok. I have signed up for a couple programs and waited and waited and some never even approved my account so by then I am like screw it.

It was great seeing you in Phoenix Juan and thank you for an incredible dinner. I had ever been to Chris Ruth's Steakhouse and it was the best steak I have ever had.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

Paco
    not sure, why, but I do agree - it is retarded!

A script can do all the screening/checking one requires. PLUS, most sponsors have webmaster reps, whose job entails reviewing all new affiliate sign-ups so they can get in touch and speak about the weather or such.

Hey, it is their foot, so let them shoot it off if they so do desire.