Thread: Newbie intro, feedback request

gmartin

Happy Newbie intro, feedback request

Hello everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself on my first post. I just set up my first site, a blog for the military niche: www (dot) militarybadboys (dot) com. I went live just a few days ago and I would love some feedback. I'm completely nutso over the military niche and military guys in general. If you've ever read A Night in the Barracks or Barracks Bad Boys by Alex Buchman, I have stories in both his anthologies.

My site hasn't appeared in the search engines yet, but I don't expect it will take too long since I'm wordy as hell and the spiders like text, so if you want to do some link exchanges, I would be delighted. Right now I'm getting about 100 hits a day from blog directories.

Any suggestions on how to increase my traffic, or content suggestions, would be great. Right now I'm signed up with about five affiliates whose sites I like, but a couple of them don't offer much in the way of promotional content. I'm wondering how you handle that? Do you join the site and then use some of the "members only" content for promotions? Not sure what's allowed. Or if I even need it.

Thanks for everything!

Gayle

marcjacob
    No thats NOT ALLOWED!

But: email them and work with them, if they have exclusive content many programs will give you some. I have some great programs who either give me a free membership and let me take what i need or let me email them and ask if i can use a set. Most have rules about how many pics per set i can use, but they will work with you. Its important to me to not take the piss with them though, the deal will continue while we are both happy, if you mess them about they wont trust you, and they need to if the deal will work.

BTW welcome to the board, great to have you arround.

gmartin
    Hi Marc,

Thanks for the fast response. That was pretty much as I figured. I did send off an email to one of them a few days ago, but I haven't heard a peep back. I think my anthology editor knows him though so I'm going to try and get a phone number for him and see if he can help me out. As for the others, I'll start emailing!

Thanks for the welcome!

Gayle