Thread: Shared Members Areas Or Seperate?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Shared Members Areas Or Seperate?

So i was just chatting with someone on AIM who told me that he only promotes sites with shared members areas, i guess meaning programs that have multiple 'sites' or 'tours' but they all end up in the same members area.

I thought that business practice ended years ago personally.

Anyway, have you got a preference to the type of members area that you like to promote in a paysite? Whether you like each site to have its own content area or, do you prefer a members area to have 'everything' that a program owns content wise in it?

Personally i like each members area to be unique to a site, if im promoting a site featuring uncut guys, i like the members area the surfer gets access to, to feature uncut cocks in it instead of a collection of content in a wide range of niches all seemingly just thrown together.

So, when checking out sponsors sites, does whether or not they have a shared or individual members area matter to you and, have you found one type of members area to work best over another?

Regards,

Lee

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar
    I like sites that have their own dedicated members area specifically matching the content. It doesn't bother me too much if I join a site that has a shared members area as long as ALL of the members area is available, not just a portion for this membership and another area for that and so on.
    Artist/Painter and Webmaster of Huskyhunks.com.

my real problem with shared member areas is that if someone has joined another site that leads to the same member area, a quick cancellation is the best we can expect - chargebacks seem a lot more likely.

also if you promote two or more tours, you are that much less likely to recur on sales through tour number two to the same traffic.

and of course your reviews from review sites will be dismal, which means a lot less sales.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    my real problem with shared member areas is that if someone has joined another site that leads to the same member area, a quick cancellation is the best we can expect - chargebacks seem a lot more likely.
    That is my train of thought on the matter also, by feeding multiple tours to the same members area, you are in effect cutting your chances of making another sale / rebill from surfers who join through a totally different tour.

Kind of reminds me of that dolt who joined Foreskin Fantasy about 6 months ago 3 times in a week, then complained that the members area was the same as it was the last time he joined... 2 days ago.. Remember that? LOL

Regards,

Lee

marcjacob
    In partnerships i prefer sponsors that offer cross site access so that kind of counts out the multi site members area for me.

I think youd be loosing alot of cross sell oportunities though.