Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Midwest Gay Webmaster/Producer Gathering

Midwest Gay Webmaster/Producer Gathering

Is there any interest out there in fellow midwesterners getting together periodically.. maybe Chicago, Indy, St. Louis? I'd like to organize something once or twice a year if there's interest, but I don't know how many of y'all are out here.. maybe some lurkers too?

desslock
    Travelling to St Louis and Chicago is inexpensive from Austin. I don't know about Indianapolis, but I'd lean towards the first two. If there were some advance notice, I'd enjoy making a fun fare weekend out of it.

(although going to St Loius would be subjecting myself to Cattlecar Airlines). I thought St Loius was a neat place to visit. And I have actually made it a point to visit Chicago more.

Chicago Chicago

I want to get the surprise of my like. I'll have to stop and stare. I want to see a man dance with his wife.

- Steve

gaybucks_skyler
    So I understand your desire to have some gatherings around here... it sucks having to fly all the way to the west side of the country everytime there is a gathering. I live in Michigan and it's definately long travels.

I personally would be in support of it, but I can't speak for everyone else. Unfortunately it seems that the majority of the people in our business aren't around here... sad I know....

anyway TTYL

Love, Sky

I'm going to start a list! I know there are webmasters and producers around here.. how about Bec and the Ohio crowd?

I'm interested ... only other person I know around Ohio is rimmate, a new poster on GWW. I met a couple guys that went to Internext a couple years ago, and dang if I recall what company they ran/run.

Ken of KcWebwerks lives in St.Louis area, I'll toss him this thread in icq.

Rimmates.com
    Yeah, I'm here up here in Ohio with Bec. I'm up for Chicago, Pittsburg, Indy, or Columbus (great gay community btw).

Since I would be more interested in the content/model side of the business, hopefully it wouldn't cater only to webmasters. I just recently reached out and started networking with folks in my line of work, including asking Bec for a little help. I'll be posting some requests here soon on GWW.

+1 for the Ohio team.

kcwebwerks
    sure sign me up. could be a hoot. 3 hour flight to PHX, 4 hour drive to STL same kinda travel time. ain't no thang.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Even though it's midwest, I might be up for showing up... I spent 11 years in Oberlin (OH) and might use the opportunity to go back there as well and visit friends.

So far so good! Keep bumping this thread, please.

gayter
    Hi,

I'm in western suburb of Chicago. I was also wondering how many people are involved in business here, since I'm surrounded by middle-class, small-town conservatives.
    Also, I'm currently between projects, if anyone in CHI-Land wants to meet me, I'd be glad to discuss possible partnership.

:bigears: Darren

Making Pain Pay!
    I am in Colorado, but I would like to visit Chicago or St. Louis. The twin Cities even more....so add us to your list.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

WegCash Robert

Chicago

I would love to fly to a show up North. Please let me know if you guys decide to do this and I will try to come.

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    I would love to do something like this!

I have traveled to each of the cities mentioned, and I think I would put Columbus on top of the list, followed by Chicago, Minneapolis/St.Paul, St. Louis, and then Kansas City.

For those flying in, a major airport is a necessity. Flying to a small airport can easily double ticket prices for the airline-inclined [as opposed to Madame and Roy, who travel in the modern Conestoga wagon everywhere]

Hotel rates are important. A small gathering will mean small budgets. While I love staying at the Palmer House in Chicago, I prefer paying for the DoubleTree in Columbus.

Organizing anything, even just lunch, is really a big task. Good luck!
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

vainboys
    We are a new midwest based company. It is always beneficial to network and meet with peers in the area, and if the timing was right, we may be interested.

Paul Collingwood

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vainboys View Post
    We are a new midwest based company. It is always beneficial to network and meet with peers in the area, and if the timing was right, we may be interested.

Paul Collingwood
    nice logo! , and welcome to GWW!

jim