Thread: Where's the new content?!

Xstr8guy

Where's the new content?!

My big three... gayadultphotos, ounique and maxpixels haven't added new content in AGES! What the heck is going on? Ounique hasn't updated since May! Is this the end of the gay content brokers?

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar
    I've been wondering that myself. Sure would be nice to see some new sets. Especially some big guys. I think I've bought every set out there where the guy has even just a few extra pounds on him. There's a couple of guys at rainbow content and a few more at ounique but that's it for me.

I think the day that you either produce or have exclusive content made is very near if not already here.

I love this monkey. Look at him go !!!!! :cheekymonkey:
    Artist/Painter and Webmaster of Huskyhunks.com.

Rimmates.com
    I am hoping to alleviate some of this with my own produced content, which is still in the works and has about another 60+ days before I get my first few models photographed and submitted. I'm looking at Maxpixels first to see how things turn out (I was wondering about the no new sets in a while thing myself.)

My biggest fear is not having a decent model turnout that has "the look" I want, simply because I don't live in LA. The adult model scene seems to be female-oriented here in the Midwest, so I will have to cross my fingers. I will definitely travel if its worth the investment (i.e. hot model.)

And Husky, you couldn't be any more right. I am especially tired of the underweight Asian waif. Do all asians need to be 100 pounds?

Rimmates.com
    DonMike? Anyone? No replies from content providers? Where is everyone?

Speaking of content, I still have no replies to one of my threads in the content forum. If you have a sec, please check it out here:
    http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...154#post170154

You can help me get my stuff online faster!

Xstr8guy
    Maybe we will hear something on Monday. Don isn't usually on the boards outside of business hours.

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    My big three... gayadultphotos, ounique and maxpixels haven't added new content in AGES! What the heck is going on? Ounique hasn't updated since May! Is this the end of the gay content brokers?
    Can't speak for the other guys, but as for GayAdultPhotos.com, we aren't going anywhere. We're running short handed and have been busy as hell filming and editing and that has taken all of our time.

Hopefully within the next couple weeks we'll be added lots of fresh new content of younger guys and more mature guys., both stills and vid clips.

Just never seems to be enough hours in the day.

Bill

Oczko mu sie odlepilo! Temu misiu! bregot's Avatar

Can explain

OK, I read this thread, and I think I could put some light to it.

I'm a primary producer who started with one of the most popular brokers three years ago. At the very beginning it was like "wow". I could sell copies of my sets without paying any attention to it. The only thing I had to do was regular submissions. So I did. I used different models, different niches, different subjects and different fetishes.

However I was trying other possibilities too and it apeared soon, that it was easier to work on exclusive content only. Why should I submit anything to any of the brokers (and wait for ages to receive a couple of bucks) if I can make a set, send an invoice, receive the money and close the case in just a week? What's more, the average royalty received after three years (based on 25 different sets) is three times lower, than the single payment from my best clients.

There is also another aspect of it. I'd call it "exclusivity of the model". I have submited some interesting faces at the beginning of my cooperation. Since they are available at content broker, my other clients don't want to buy any new sets with these guys, because they are afraid that everybody has this model on his site. What I hear is: "Not this one, he's too popular". And they really are, after each year "spring sale", when sets can be bought for USD 9.90.

So, I think content providers like these mentioned above are great for hetero producers, who can shoot 6 or 8 sets with the same girl in two hours. If U can produce cheap content, U can submit it and wait for royalties. But if U have to wait for erection, and then make a break before U start another shoot, then U'll do better with exclusive production.

BTW. Some stuff is available if U are interested. Either exclusive or not. Just send me a private message here.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by hdkbill View Post
    Can't speak for the other guys, but as for GayAdultPhotos.com, we aren't going anywhere. We're running short handed and have been busy as hell filming and editing and that has taken all of our time.

Hopefully within the next couple weeks we'll be added lots of fresh new content of younger guys and more mature guys., both stills and vid clips.

Just never seems to be enough hours in the day.

Bill
    Thanks for giving us the 411 Bill. You guys are my favorite content brokers/producers... but you already knew that.

And I have to say, of all of the brokers, you guys update most often.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by bregot View Post
    ... What's more, the average royalty received after three years (based on 25 different sets) is three times lower, than the single payment from my best clients.
    I was afraid that there were plenty of good reasons for photographers to not use brokers. But as for us webmasters, not all of us can afford exclusive content for all of our needs. I think a good compromise is for semi-exclusive content sales (selling the sets 3-5 times only). But unfortunately most photographers are not interested in doing that.

(...)I think a good compromise is for semi-exclusive content sales (selling the sets 3-5 times only). But unfortunately most photographers are not interested in doing that.
    Well, I thought about it too. U know, that I sold some sets this way. But it doesn't work.
    Let's assume that I found five clients interested in the same niche (which is very hard). I started shooting content for them and pretty soon all five bought the same 20 photosets. Result: we have five websites which are updating exactly the same content. Do U think these clients would still cooperate with me?

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by bregot View Post
    I started shooting content for them and pretty soon all five bought the same 20 photosets. Result: we have five websites which are updating exactly the same content. Do U think these clients would still cooperate with me?
    I think the market is big enough for several sites to share content. You know, Michael and I share semi-exclusive content sometimes and we both do AVS galleries and we both make a living... so it is possible.

Hell! We met when we both were only using Ounique content and we were still quite successful. The internet is a very big place with lots of space for everyone.

I think the market is big enough for several sites to share content. (...) The internet is a very big place with lots of space for everyone.
    Then why don't U buy exclusive sets and resell copies? :-D
    Or why U never suggested some webmasters who would be interested in semi-exclusive content of the same type?!
    U know, that I would love to shoot for U!

How long have you been gay?
    For video give Webmaster Central a shot... we just got another 150 KICK ASS titles

Rimmates.com
    I don't see an Underwear section at Maxpixels... haven't looked at the other sites yet. Underwear content sells well right?

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    Thanks for giving us the 411 Bill. You guys are my favorite content brokers/producers... but you already knew that.

And I have to say, of all of the brokers, you guys update most often.
    Xstr8guy,

Appreciate the kind words. Gee, if we update most often, I'm embarrased. Seems like we just aren't updating anthing like we want to.

We've been so busy filming these past couple of months that it's been tough to get much up on GAP. Lee, literally has a stack of about 30 models and about 3,000 photos sitting next to his puter that he hasn't has time to touch.

Do apologize for the delay. Lee is leaving on Saturday for a company paid RSVP cruise to relax, rejuvenate and hopefully get himself laid a few times, (if anyone is going on the RSVP Mexican Riveria Cruise, look for a tall, lean handsome gentleman with a very proper British accent). One he gets back, updating GAP will be one of his top priorities.

Bill