Thread: When does 4472 into effect?

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. shelmal's Avatar

When does 4472 into effect?

Ok I had read sometime ago that it goes into effect 90 days after Bush signs it which would have been next week however I just read this..
    "As a general rule, federal laws become effective when the President signs them, which in this case happened in the afternoon (D.C. time) on July 27, 2006. H.R. 4472 specifically states that the new 2257A will not go into effect until 90 days after the Department of Justice promulgates final administrative regulations (which could take the better part of a year or more)"
    So I assume the Justice Department still has to promulagte...whatever that is.
    So does this mean the law isnt in effect yet? Anyone have any idea? Chad?

I believe the part about combining both primary and secondary producers into "producers" for recordkeeping requirements went into effect upon signing, but the part about simulated sex being subject to recordkeeping requires the regs to be updated first.

EonFilms_Ben
    To my understanding, it has become law. You can go here http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h109-4472 and it reads that the bill has become law.

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. shelmal's Avatar
    Ok thanks guys. I know that the law is in effect and im following it of course. Ah ok I didnt read that as closely as i thought. Its 2257 a that has to wait 90 days then i guess like you said. Ok thanks.

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    where is the FSC in all this?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    That's s a REALLY good question. 4472 has plenty of likely-unconstitutional stuff, and I've heard several attorneys comment that compliance is near-impossible. Yet not a peep from FSC... nor any real comments from the industry either.