Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new internet explorer

new internet explorer

I installed ie7 yesterday, its amazing how they can fuckup something as simple as tabbed browsing. You can't right-click on a link and open it up in a new tab. You also can't rearrage the toolbars so that the "File Edit View..." text is above the back/forward buttons & URL box.

It also does a number on the rendering of some sites, I take it they retried their css implementation in ie7 and that is causing some strange alignments and text issues. You should definitely check out how your sites look with ie7, they may be different.

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    It's increasingly clear that Firefox is the class Valedictorian, while Internet Explorer (in any incarnation) takes the short yellow bus to school.
    AIM: EonFilmsSDiego
    AIM Mobile: BeachBoiSDiego
    Yahoo: sandiegoartpunk
    MSN Messenger: beachboi4free@hotmail.com
    Phone: 619-944-6383
    MySpace: www.myspace.com/eonfilms & www.myspace.com/mynameisrocky

robin
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost View Post
    You can't right-click on a link and open it up in a new tab. .

That's odd because I can and I'm using it -- have been for several months now.

Robin, I am running the final version which was just released this week....are you on a beta or rc version?

Goldie
    I've had the Beta version for about a month and yeah.. it's far from perfect with the tabbing options and the bars at the top of the page.

This may just be me (but doubtful) but... I have about 10 folders of favorites. During the day, I'll expand and collapse them as I need to use them. Well after doing that a certain number of times in one session... Suddenly it will no longer let me expand them anymore. I click on it, and nothing happens. If I right click, it says it will open up every site in the folder. Once I accidentally told it to do that, and it tried to open up 32 sites at once and needless to say... I had to reboot since it crashed. Anyone else had that problem?

And how do I get off the Beta to the final version? Or will it just update automatically? I've never had a Beta before, but I inherited this PC when my old one died...

robin
    Robin, I am running the final version which was just released this week....are you on a beta or rc version?
    Mmmm lets see beta3.

Well that's going to be annoying. Wonder why they took it out? :hmm:

robin
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    If I right click, it says it will open up every site in the folder. Once I accidentally told it to do that, and it tried to open up 32 sites at once and needless to say... I had to reboot since it crashed. Anyone else had that problem?.
    Yikes -- I'd be scarred to try that.

I've hit the back button accidently on forums and gone into refresh and extra browser hell.

ugh...found another annoyance, when you open a new tab or a new window, it takes about 5 seconds saying "connecting..." (even though I have it set to default to a blank page) and if you try to type in a new URL it replaces it with the "about:blank"

I am sure this will be a nice boost for firefox usage :cheerleader:

Goldie
    ugh...found another annoyance, when you open a new tab or a new window, it takes about 5 seconds saying "connecting..." (even though I have it set to default to a blank page) and if you try to type in a new URL it replaces it with the "about:blank"

I am sure this will be a nice boost for firefox usage :cheerleader:
    Yup I've noticed this too. And it also seems slow to close new windows when they are opened... I never had that on the old IE, it would close immediately... This takes a few seconds.

Andrew
    I've heard too many bad things about this new IE7.. I think I'm going to wait a bit before installing it

Gayboys4fun
    Good to know it's not just me that was immediately unimpressed. Ever since downloading I.E 7 my browser seems to have slowed, and as for the refresh button it's downright annoying.

Nevertheless not to be classified as one who constantly decries change, I await true enlightenment.

Paco
    WOW! I am floored after hearing how may of you actually are surprised that it is crap AND at how many of you installed it on your "normal" or every day working system!

For me: that "browser" is reserved to test boxes ONLY! My systems will never be exposed to that so-called update.

Want great tabbed browsing? Stick with Firefox!

Richard Craver
    i tried one of the beta versions.

Man, it sucked big time.

Firefox forever.

But it's still only a small % of the market.

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Actually FireFox 2.0 is on the FTP Servers (URL) available as of today

Installed it already as my default

DEVELISH
    :-D

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Yeah, me too. Very cool. And the built in spell check is amazing. Now there's no excuse for badly written postings here on GWW. Right guys?
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com