Thread: Visitors to clicks - please help!

marcjacob

Visitors to clicks - please help!

Im promoting Boy Funk with AVS feeders, the various feeders are getting an average of 700 unuiqe visitors per day, but only 15-30 clicks per day? Im using sponsor content but i know its not all over the web. Im using ads and text links.

Heres a sample member area.

Could it be the Flesh Light banner ad? Boy Funk is my priority and im more than willing to loose it but it hardly gets many clicks either, about the same, also its opened in a new window so doesnt divert the traffic.

Am i not being bold enough in the advertising?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    Could it be the Flesh Light banner ad?
    How many clicks are you getting to fleshlight?

Regards,

Lee

marcjacob
    It seems to be mirroring Boy Funk. 15-30 per day or there abouts. That makes me think it might be the same people clicking, that may be way off but im wondering if some people are more likely to click banners than others, so they just click everything.

marcjacob
    Can i just say though, ive named the sponsor only because i wanted to show you the site so you can see whats happening more, this is imo in nothing to do with them, its got to be the way im pushing them. Its too early to talk about ratios with them but im at 1:157 with is a great start, its just getting the little buggers to them thats the problem.

Paco
    I think the fact that the banners you offer are quite a bit large than the thumbs may have something to do with it. Not being a worm/troll, but it has a banner farm feel. Not because of the amount of banners, rather because of how overwhelming they can be.

I'd:
    - enlarge and clean up the thumbs!
    - Have only one animated banner (two are distracting) - replace banner.gif with a static one.
    - Change the background colour, as it is too "greyish" (not exciting).

Basically, I make sure one's eyes cantered in on the thumbs, not the banners.

MHO.

marcjacob
    I see your point, it looks like all banners rather than a good content site. I want them to focus on the content but see the banners as the content what sells the upsell (as its Boy Funk content).

The background color changes from site to site but i see your point. No more grey!

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    I see your point, it looks like all banners rather than a good content site. I want them to focus on the content but see the banners as the content what sells the upsell (as its Boy Funk content).

The background color changes from site to site but i see your point. No more grey!
    whatever I can do to help.

I am just sorry I had to turn away your "application"

thanasis
    In addition to comments already made... I would also recommend selecting sample pictures that are of better resolution. A number of those pictures appear grainy/mottled, as though they were taken with a cheap camera. Btw, the very first picture in Gallery 3 is all blurry.

I would also avoid posting all those repetitive poses of the models in each gallery. It would be better to show 8 pics of a model with different angles, versus 15 pics with so many repetitive shots. You don't want to convey to the surfers that the photosets are boring and repetitive. I'd increase the number of models featured, while decreasing the pics given for each model.

you forgot the magic words on your text link:
    CLICK HERE
    as in
    CUTE 18 YEAR OLDS WITH HARD COCKS
    CLICK HERE for BOY FUNK
    or
    CLICK HERE for CUTE 18 YEAR OLDS
    SEE THEM PLAY WITH THEIR COCKS AT BOY FUNK
    or just

CUTE 18 YEAR OLDS WITH HARD COCKS AT BOY FUNK
    CLICK HERE

by the way, the phrase 18 year olds is not as powerful as 18 year old boys or, secondarily and depending on your traffic, 18 year old twinks.

here's a banner i like much better. shows variety
    http://www.gaybucks.com/images/banners/bf_468x80_1.gif

also i never use 2 sponsors on an avs member area so i'd have left off fleshlight, included some text, and used something like this:
    http://www.gaybucks.com/images/banners/bf_250x250_1.gif
    on the left.

or how about some explanatory text with the big text link? all the middle text would be unlinked in a smaller font... maybe a 12.

CUTE 18 YEAR OLD BOYS WITH HARD COCKS
    Hot and sexy xplanatory text about boyfunk goes here
    Hot and sexy xplanatory text about boyfunk goes here
    CLICK HERE for BOY FUNK

marcjacob
    Thanks Bass, looks like i have some more work to do. I wonder if ill ever get this right